What really grinds your gears?

179 watchers
7 Jun
8:31pm, 7 Jun 2024
11,823 posts
  •  
Raemondo
Lip Gloss wrote:We had hailstones yesterday and the day before

Hail in June is kind of 'A Thing' in NL.
Six or seven years ago every roof in one town was destroyed and, because it was mostly older houses with a specific kind of terracotta tiles, I'm not sure they're even all fixed yet. Also many industrial greenhouses went out of business, and streets flooded across the region because ice blocked the drains, and there was a boom in companies repairing hail damage to car roofs that is only just subsiding.
7 Jun
8:38pm, 7 Jun 2024
76,013 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Wow, that’s a lot of damage
7 Jun
8:49pm, 7 Jun 2024
3,867 posts
  •  
Lesley C
LindsD wrote:I don't interact directly with the system. People do it on my behalf and keep sending me ridiculous documents to fill in and telling me I'm doing it wrong.

We have to put it all in ourselves, then wait for the supplier to be approved. Making orders is such a pain and there are so many unnecessary steps. I hated it from the get go.
7 Jun
9:00pm, 7 Jun 2024
68,361 posts
  •  
LindsD
Sounds awful.
8 Jun
8:12am, 8 Jun 2024
11,827 posts
  •  
Raemondo
Lip Gloss wrote:Wow, that’s a lot of damage

It was really surreal - hail stones the size of babies' heads 😳 It went from a lovely sunny summer day to flooded streets in about 30 minutes. It started while we were in the supermarket, so it was fine when we went in and the apocalypse when we came out.
8 Jun
8:42am, 8 Jun 2024
23,094 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
( hail, like thunderstorms, is mostly a summer phenomenon )
10 Jun
11:42am, 10 Jun 2024
7,461 posts
  •  
Winniefree
HMRC emailing me to say that I have a Self-Assessment message, logging in to see the message, the message telling me that my Self-Assessment statement has been 'prepared' but I can't see it yet 'cos it's not ready! Just tell me when there's something to look at FFS.
10 Jun
12:34pm, 10 Jun 2024
11,061 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
People who “yes please” in response to my Free In Eynsham Facebook group posts but then don’t collect. “Oh, but I do want it”.
10 Jun
1:36pm, 10 Jun 2024
86,408 posts
  •  
Diogenes
People who don't understand how to share a pavement
3M
10 Jun
1:48pm, 10 Jun 2024
24,202 posts
  •  
3M
Wet trees and bushes that overhang the pavement at or below head height!

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
A forum to sound off about what really grinds your gears.