What really grinds your gears?

2 lurkers | 179 watchers
7 Jun
11:09am, 7 Jun 2024
10,382 posts
  •  
GordonG
[don't know if it still happens, but in Cuba the tradition was when you arrive at a bus stop you'd ask who was last to arrive. Then the next person to arrive asks and establishes that you're currently last in the queue. this way, it doesn't matter where you stand, you don't get on the bus before the person who was last before you]
7 Jun
12:19pm, 7 Jun 2024
10,399 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
It's a good systems but, as Britons, we don't like interacting with strangers. That might explain why queue jumpers think they can get away with it.

At my local stop, we seem to end up with two queues yet everyone knows who arrived in what order and no-one gets on out of turn unless someone beckons them on in front. We had two teenage schoolboys (probably brothers who arrived together yet never spoke to each other) who tried to jump the queue each day. That was, until somebody had enough and told them quite firmly to queue like everyone else. They never did it again.
7 Jun
12:47pm, 7 Jun 2024
5,743 posts
  •  
Ally-C
9 degrees in June.
7 Jun
3:52pm, 7 Jun 2024
3,863 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Frost in June. I was in winter kit yesterday morning Ally.
7 Jun
4:04pm, 7 Jun 2024
76,008 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
We had hailstones yesterday and the day before
7 Jun
4:04pm, 7 Jun 2024
68,353 posts
  •  
LindsD
The supplier set-up process at my institution
7 Jun
6:11pm, 7 Jun 2024
3,864 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Mine is terrible too LindsD (it's likely that we may use the same procurement system (one source)).
7 Jun
6:30pm, 7 Jun 2024
10,402 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
I've used Proactis and e5. Neither are brilliant and bit of a pain when making adjustments.
7 Jun
7:50pm, 7 Jun 2024
3,866 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Lesley C wrote:Frost in June. I was in winter kit yesterday morning Ally.

The frost killed some of our plants at our allotment, nothing was covered for protection, don't expect frost in June.
7 Jun
8:27pm, 7 Jun 2024
68,360 posts
  •  
LindsD
I don't interact directly with the system. People do it on my behalf and keep sending me ridiculous documents to fill in and telling me I'm doing it wrong.

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
A forum to sound off about what really grinds your gears.