What really grinds your gears?

179 watchers
22 May
10:08am, 22 May 2024
4,277 posts
  •  
iRicey
Raemondo wrote:People sending 'voice notes' in a text based chat app. The whole point of the app is too avoid having to listen to other people speaking, no?

I am wondering when the logical next step of 'face to face' voice notes comes in, where you can swap voice notes live...
22 May
10:14am, 22 May 2024
68,051 posts
  •  
LindsD
I like a voicenote - it's a useful way of getting across a lot of information, especially if it's not convenient to type, e.g. when you've just left the house to walk to the tube and you remember you have to tell your OH something but you don't want to actually call them (hate phone calls).
22 May
10:23am, 22 May 2024
3,122 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
LindsD wrote:I like a voicenote - it's a useful way of getting across a lot of information, especially if it's not convenient to type, e.g. when you've just left the house to walk to the tube and you remember you have to tell your OH something but you don't want to actually call them (hate phone calls).

I don't think anyone is disputing the sending part. It's the receiving that is a pain.
22 May
10:37am, 22 May 2024
68,053 posts
  •  
LindsD
:) :)
22 May
11:11am, 22 May 2024
11,797 posts
  •  
Raemondo
I guess it's fine if that's a way the person you're trying to communicate with actually likes, or is able to, receive information - I can't process it.
This particular chat is with two (really annoying) rugby teammates and they keep saying it would be easier to have a group call, but it certainly wouldn't be easier for me!
22 May
12:27pm, 22 May 2024
68,054 posts
  •  
LindsD
Hate group calls. Point taken.
22 May
4:50pm, 22 May 2024
2,530 posts
  •  
Jen HB
Right, so now on the bbc we are going to have at least 30 mins of speculation about what the announcement is going to be before the actual announcement
22 May
5:04pm, 22 May 2024
11,014 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
Jen HB wrote:Right, so now on the bbc we are going to have at least 30 mins of speculation about what the announcement is going to be before the actual announcement
Announcement delayed due to weather! What if it rains until July 4th 😂
22 May
5:12pm, 22 May 2024
10,366 posts
  •  
GordonG
[i know it's in front of No 10, but I always think it's odd that the best we can do for important announcements is someone standing on a narrow street, open to the elements and within earshot of traffic and protesters a few feet away]
22 May
5:15pm, 22 May 2024
11,015 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
[Whatever happened to the expensive briefing room that was used for the Covid announcements]

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
A forum to sound off about what really grinds your gears.