What minor disaster has befallen you today?

1 lurker | 89 watchers
30 Apr
12:52pm, 30 Apr 2024
54,049 posts
  •  
McGoohan
I appear to have the sore throat and headache ailment that's doing the rounds here. Not Covid (assuming LFTs still work on current strains) but a bit annoying.
30 Apr
3:12pm, 30 Apr 2024
3,797 posts
  •  
Lesley C
I left my staff ID in the car, I noticed at the door to get in. Another 20 min walk back to the car and up to my building, I'm just glad it wasn't raining!
1 May
8:18am, 1 May 2024
40,032 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
Yesterday:
I had a cup of tea and sat in the garden to drink it. As is my wont (a hangover from long-ago days of using loose-leaf tea and inadequate tea-strainer) I left a small amount of tea in the bottom of the cup and got on with the gardening.
Later I discovered that the gusty wind had blown the cup over and this apparently small amount of liquid had spilled onto my phone. The phone is fine but the phone case - the 'book' type, holding credit cards etc - had absorbed the tea through the stitching.

Have you any idea how difficult it is to dry this out? Very very difficult. Still oozing dampness after hours sitting on a radiator.
3 May
9:35am, 3 May 2024
6,111 posts
  •  
Groundhog
I turned my work laptop off by mistake instead of putting it to sleep as I had a few things open I wanted to go back to. It felt like a metaphorical "close down with a hammer".
4 May
1:49pm, 4 May 2024
11,747 posts
  •  
Raemondo
Strimming the grassy wasteland of our back garden, a) because it's too wild and uneven for a mower, really, and ii) because our fucking piece of shit cheap petrol mower won't start anyway, I have discovered several secret dog eggs that had been thoughtfully concealed by time and our lax poo-picking habits.
Contact with the strimmer cord caused one to spray up (thankfully only a very tiny amount) onto my shirt.
8 May
9:04pm, 8 May 2024
3,756 posts
  •  
cackleberry
Chopped up some bacon I had cooked earlier to go with my pasta for tea.
Popped upstairs to get changed.

Came back down to significantly less bacon.

Poppy, I am looking at you. Worst of it was, she came upstairs with me 'cos she was rolling round messing about on the bed while I got changed.
9 May
8:18pm, 9 May 2024
17,116 posts
  •  
Badger
People were giving me weird looks when I was driving home.

Noticed an unusual shadow under the car. Engine undertray is hanging on by only two screws and must have been scraping along the road. Couldn’t hear it at all! I’ve taken it off completely now and will get it refitted.
9 May
8:36pm, 9 May 2024
45,521 posts
  •  
Night-owl
Know nothing about cars doesn't sound minor hope it can be fixed

Made tea this afternoon but the milk had turned. So had to get some from shop
10 May
8:17am, 10 May 2024
7,194 posts
  •  
Winniefree
Mr W’s hat which was couriered home from St Pancras when he left it on the Eurostar last year, has spent the winter at the back of the wardrobe. Sadly it was at the exact spot where condensation can form if it’s cold and is now sporting a coat of mould.
10 May
10:12am, 10 May 2024
17,119 posts
  •  
Badger
[ Night-owl it's just there to protect the engine from stuff thrown up from the road and keep it a bit cleaner, and it just needs to be screwed back on; unfortunately that means getting the car up on a lift and it has 12 screws of four different types and lengths, so not thinking I can do that myself! ]

About This Thread

Maintained by MabelMoonface
SweetPea got a bit giddy whilst playing Articulate and managed to land the chair leg on her toe. The...