Thursday 26th September 2024 The Daily Thread Did your lady friend leave the nest again?

5 watchers
26 Sep
8:14am, 26 Sep 2024
345 posts
  •  
alehouse
Morning!

Lyrics: Did your lady friend leave the nest again?
That is very sad, makes me feel so bad.
You could fly away, in the sky away.
You more lucky than me.

Verse!

Yesterday: Sing a rainbow, much covered!

What: physio will no doubt put me through my paces

Why: long term recovery from tendon tear
26 Sep
8:19am, 26 Sep 2024
44,989 posts
  •  
Ness
Good morning all!

Hope the physio session goes ok @alehouse

What - interval run (just done) nothing else.
Why - was on my schedule for yesterday but legs didn't feel up to it so I switched it to today.
Last hard - today

Last easy - yesterday

Lyrics - no 🤔
26 Sep
8:25am, 26 Sep 2024
10,750 posts
  •  
PeterFay
Plan: longer run of some sort (with a view to try Coigach half in Achiltibuie on 12th, but not yet entered)

Enjoy the physio @alehouse

Good that @ElspethF now has her freedom back.

Lyrics no
26 Sep
8:41am, 26 Sep 2024
71,097 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Good morning :)

Lyrics: Yes!

What: Probably a short run and a strength training session. Definitely some shunting of domestic items for Lake District based offspring.
Why: A day in the life ...
Last hard: Yesterday's 11 miles with 5 tempo miles.
26 Sep
8:46am, 26 Sep 2024
77 posts
  •  
ElspethF
Lyrics, no.
Possibly run out west, v little running done since Glenmore due to caution/covid. Feel like an absolute beginner. Appear to have entered Jedburgh ultra in Oct.
Maybe yoga later.
"Enjoy" the physio Ale.
Veloci, you do much more training than me, possibly why you're a better runner! But I get stress injuries if I overdo it.
Also need to go back to work to sign off letters and maybe coffee with a friend. Had a nice walk with L and a coffee yesterday afternoon. Good not to feel like a leper and have to cross the street to avoid folk!
26 Sep
9:08am, 26 Sep 2024
366 posts
  •  
HazelnutCH
Morning

Good luck at the physio @alehouse - hopefully more progress to be reported.

Intervals sound like enough for one day @Ness

It is great to see you running so well again @PeterFay

I thought of you yesterday during the last couple of miles of my run @Velociraptor . I tried deliberately doing a big smile like you at the finish when I just wanted to get it done - it helps!

That sounds good @ElspethF .

What: likely a TM recovery double
Why: all sorts of dire weather warnings for today, the thing has been gathering dust and I could start getting used to it again - can't cope with more than half an hour initially though
Last hard: yesterday's intervals - 5 x slight hill got my lungs working well
Last rest: 20.09.24 - could do with a rest day but no running possible at the weekend so will have to wait

Lyrics: another no
26 Sep
9:14am, 26 Sep 2024
44,992 posts
  •  
Ness
It feels like enough, to be honest, @HazelnutCH . Hope your TM session goes well.

Might have a short walk in a bit need to go to Dobbies to get some stuff for the garden.
26 Sep
9:28am, 26 Sep 2024
71,099 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
@ElspethF I couldn't do the races or the terrain you do! I just train and occasionally pin on a number and fling myself around some tarmac.

@HazelnutCH you've got to do something with your face, might as well smile.
26 Sep
9:48am, 26 Sep 2024
68,060 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
Lyrics: no. Never heard of the act or song

What: Tuesday’s run :-O Err, honest

Last night at choir: ‘All that really matters’, by what I thought was Taylor Swift but apparently is Teddy Swims and Illenium
26 Sep
9:58am, 26 Sep 2024
3,876 posts
  •  
riggys99
Morning

Lyrics - nope
What - rest day
Why - night shift 2 of 3 (planning my rest day for the middle night as I am always more tired on night 2)
Last hard - Tuesday

Last rest - today

Have a good day folks

About This Thread

Maintained by alehouse
Each day someone sets some song lyrics, often on a particular theme, eg colours, numbers, running, etc. Others then say whether they know the song or not, but DO NOT say what the song is: the answer is revealed the next day.

Current theme: COLOURS

Contributors then say
What their training will be
Why they are doing it

Some also say
Last hard
Last rest

Plus of course general comments about the weather, other people’s training or races…illness or injuries!

Feel free to join us and why not set some lyrics once you get the

X

Free training & racing tools for runners, cyclists, swimmers & walkers.

Fetcheveryone lets you analyse your training, find races, plot routes, chat in our forum, get advice, play games - and more! Nothing is behind a paywall, and it'll stay that way thanks to our awesome community!
Get Started
Click here to join 113,196 Fetchies!
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here