•  
DoricQuine
My second SB at parkrun on Saturday, equalling my February mile time 😁
4 Mar
12:24pm, 4 Mar 2024
68,007 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Reporting a DNF. Unwelcome sensory input from the back of my left thigh around 200m into the mile attempt. I reckon it's just a cramp and I'll be good for another go later in the month. Totally unexpected because I'm not prone to cramping.
4 Mar
12:56pm, 4 Mar 2024
11,335 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Well done DoricQuine I wonder what you could do for a single mile.

Oh dear Velociraptor I hope it's nothing serious and you manage a mile attempt sometime in the next 27 days.
4 Mar
1:11pm, 4 Mar 2024
68,011 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Thanks, FF :) I'm sure it'll be fine. I'll have another go tomorrow before my blood donation if it's settled by then, and if not there's still plenty of month left.
4 Mar
2:39pm, 4 Mar 2024
19,691 posts
  •  
Sweetie
Well done DQ.
Unlucky Vrap but, as you say, plenty of month left yet.

Garmin benchmarks reckon I did a 9:18 mile in a 5k race yesterday, which was a big jump, so I have logged that for now but hope to aim for nearer 9mins by the end of the month.
4 Mar
6:36pm, 4 Mar 2024
10,239 posts
  •  
DoricQuine
Fenland Flier I'll maybe try just a mile on its own once I get the Inverness 5k done. Now I'm run/walking again I want to try get another SB there 😉
4 Mar
7:33pm, 4 Mar 2024
11,337 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Ooh, good luck next Sunday DoricQuine (I did some stalking) ;-) and then good luck with the virtual mile.
4 Mar
7:39pm, 4 Mar 2024
10,240 posts
  •  
DoricQuine
Thanks FF :) ........ and it's not really stalking when it's on my profile! ;)
4 Mar
7:40pm, 4 Mar 2024
64,773 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
32 mile run on Sat but then back to the Parkrun and miles for me. Can’t be long until our first club mile track race of 2024 :-)
4 Mar
7:57pm, 4 Mar 2024
11,339 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Good luck Saturday Derby Tup, give yourself some time to recover and then go for it.

About This Thread

Maintained by Fenland Flier
For encouragement and general chat about the virtual mile challenges.

It's not easy pacing a mile race whether it's virtual or real, be it on track, road, grass or trail. Go out too hard initially and struggle towards the end, go out too soft and regret your finish time.

Use this thread to record your jubilation or allow us to commiserate with you.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.