The vaporfly thread

88 watchers
SPR
Jan 2022
3:47pm, 1 Jan 2022
36,084 posts
  •  
SPR
Sorry to hear about the fall WW, hope you heal quickly.

I'd expect higher stack to be more unstable and increase pronation especially with very soft cushioning.

Maybe they can go back under warranty, they should be stronger than to tear in one slip?
Jan 2022
4:10pm, 1 Jan 2022
5,331 posts
  •  
Windsor Wool
thanks chaps and fuzzy that video made me chuckle! I never thought about it today until I was lay on the floor tbh.

Here’s a pic of me from a few years ago (when I had hair) showing my strike. I don’t think I can trust the AF again knowing that I do this. Gonna put them on the club FB group and let someone else have a try with them - until they bust at least. SPR, I think they tore as I slid on the floor tbh…

Jan 2022
4:18pm, 1 Jan 2022
55,743 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I hope your ankle heals quickly, WW. The stability aspect is one of the things that has prevented me from dabbling with VF upgrades.
Jan 2022
4:27pm, 1 Jan 2022
13,226 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
I tore my upper on my alphaflys after a fall but the hole never got any bigger and they are still fine to use. Someone suggested used duck tape on the inside to hold the upper together. - might be worth a try.
jda
Jan 2022
4:32pm, 1 Jan 2022
11,606 posts
  •  
jda
That's quite a foot strike there. Not ideal for platform shoes!
Jan 2022
4:51pm, 1 Jan 2022
14,199 posts
  •  
ITG 🇮🇸
I tore my next 4% on the door right before their first outing 😭. But likeCW's, they never worsened after that and got me round a road marathon.
Jan 2022
6:03pm, 1 Jan 2022
4,854 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Ouch - sorry to hear WW.

New Balance are releasing a new shoe with lower stack, superfoam and carbon plate next year, called the SC Pacer - aimed at 5k/10k/Half. Might suit you better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTcTaj-x9IY
Jan 2022
7:00pm, 1 Jan 2022
75,421 posts
  •  
Gobi
Went down myself this morning in a pair of 4%. I was only jogging and have made a mess , pictures coming :-0
Jan 2022
7:16pm, 1 Jan 2022
86 posts
  •  
Mr. Grumpy
Not a great start to the year WW and Gobi!

I’m having reservations about my newly purchased and as yet unused Alphafly’s now, as my foot strike is along the same lines as your own, WW. I had too many setbacks last year, and I don’t fancy a repeat this year now that races are back on.

Hope you both make a quick recovery.
Jan 2022
7:48pm, 1 Jan 2022
75,424 posts
  •  
Gobi
cuts and brusing on knee and hand but this is the most gory bit

About This Thread

Maintained by Windsor Wool
somewhere to talk about fast shoes whether you like / believe in them or not

The world has changed a lot since this thread began. Choose your weapon here:

certcheck.worldathletics.org