Shades Marathon Training

30 watchers
14 Aug
7:08pm, 14 Aug 2024
3,556 posts
  •  
Shades
Ian - if you're not a morning person you'd struggle to run fast so early in the day.

I am a morning person and even I run faster if I run late in the day. Although I think my days of doing doubles are long gone.
15 Aug
7:17am, 15 Aug 2024
3,557 posts
  •  
Shades
4 miles this morning, not much energy, legs felt heavy. Coolish, a bit humid.

On my return run I came out of the woods there's a grassy section before going back onto the road. I could see a dog walker was having some issues with his dog so I slowed and then stopped briefly to let him sort the dog out, the dog seemed stressed by my approach. Turns out it was a Great Dane puppy, gorgeous, but already about 3ft tall at the shoulder.
15 Aug
7:31am, 15 Aug 2024
4,316 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
I find I run faster later on I would run 6 am and then 1pm and the afternoon run was always faster and this was a recovery run.

You are doing well with the miles Shades-everything feeling fine?
Puppy sounds a handful :)

My RHR +6 so going to run post surgery if I feel like it -if not a rest day really fed up with all this back and forth you think great all going well then something else happens.
15 Aug
7:35am, 15 Aug 2024
3,561 posts
  •  
Shades
WP - that's annoying your RHR bouncing up and down.

Re running, no, not going well at all. Covid seems to have wiped out my aerobic system. However, I'm only a few days back running so hoping things will improve. I'm enjoying being back out there but it's like running through treacle right now. 😉
15 Aug
7:41am, 15 Aug 2024
4,317 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
Shades:It is early days and sadly it takes time .Hopefully the treacle feeling will go away Covid really does a number on our bodies.
15 Aug
8:53am, 15 Aug 2024
3,881 posts
  •  
Big_G
Rest day today from running.

I’m loving the Wattbike but from day 1 it doesn’t always remember the settings so every so often I needed to reset it. Not a big issue really but I contacted Wattbike and they say it must be a circuit board fault so they’re replacing the whole bike today and taking the old one away.
15 Aug
9:16am, 15 Aug 2024
3,564 posts
  •  
Shades
Big G - that's good service from Wattbike. I'm sure the delivery guys won't mind carrying it down and then up the steps 🤣
15 Aug
9:49am, 15 Aug 2024
263 posts
  •  
Ian5
Big G-Thats great service from them,suppose it should be for the price of the bikes.
Probably rest day here also. I got to have 1 this week, and it's raining all day, and I want to do my long run tomorrow.
15 Aug
10:17am, 15 Aug 2024
3,882 posts
  •  
Big_G
Yes. When I was arranging delivery over the phone a question was ‘is it being installed on the first floor’?’. I said ‘no’, and due to that they needed to send two guys. It’s turned up so I’ll set it up later.
15 Aug
10:18am, 15 Aug 2024
3,883 posts
  •  
Big_G
*ground floor

About This Thread

Maintained by Shades
Back in December 2005 I started a thread on Runner's World offering a marathon training plan on 3 runs a week. I had my own running club at the time (Womens Running Network) and I had successfully trialled the training plan when I took a group of girls to Dublin to run their first marathon.

Over the years the thread has evolved into a chat thread, with a bit of training advice, race reports, for predominantly marathon runners.