Shades Marathon Training

2 lurkers | 30 watchers
14 Aug
8:04am, 14 Aug 2024
3,877 posts
  •  
Big_G
Good news the RHR is back down in normal range Shades.

10.5 miles for me today. Humid again but I did enjoy it out there this morning. Depending on how the day goes I may do a session on Zwift later and it’s a rest day from running tomorrow.
14 Aug
8:34am, 14 Aug 2024
3,546 posts
  •  
Shades
Big G - up to double figures for distance, you're doing well.

I haven't been outside yet, it does feel humid but there's a lovely breeze coming through the windows now.
14 Aug
9:02am, 14 Aug 2024
3,879 posts
  •  
Big_G
Cal, have you seen the new Nike Pegasus Plus? They look pretty good. Zoom X foam, no plate, but with the flyknit upper.
14 Aug
9:43am, 14 Aug 2024
3,547 posts
  •  
Shades
Big G - NB have a new shoe similar, benefits of carbon plate, re energy return, but no plate. Forgotten what they're called
14 Aug
9:51am, 14 Aug 2024
3,548 posts
  •  
Shades
Here they are, designed to be as close to carbon plated but designed for training

newbalance.co.uk
14 Aug
10:45am, 14 Aug 2024
261 posts
  •  
Ian5
Big G-Good miles there.
Rubbish run this morning so stopped,will try again later.
Does anyone use the beats per mile metric on the training,not heard of it before,guess it means the lower bpm the better? Wondering how accurate it is v usual HR monitoring.
14 Aug
11:28am, 14 Aug 2024
3,880 posts
  •  
Big_G
Ian, I think Steve Way (Marigold on here) used to use it. I believe he mentioned it on a podcast at some point. When I was fit I did track it along with HR, but more as a curiosity than anything.
14 Aug
1:44pm, 14 Aug 2024
4,313 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
Sorry you had a bad run Ian.

6 miles for me this morning and no issues -yay I was concerned I would never get going again.Lovely dip in ice tub as well :)
14 Aug
2:21pm, 14 Aug 2024
3,550 posts
  •  
Shades
Ian - I don't think these early morning runs are for you. Stay in bed a bit later and run in the afternoon/evening.

WP - so good you're back running happily again.
14 Aug
6:26pm, 14 Aug 2024
262 posts
  •  
Ian5
Shades-I have said plenty of times I don't like morning runs so I agree there with the extra bed.Main problem was I wanted to do a bit faster and when I couldn't I gave up.
Anyway got out for nearly 7 this afternoon to bring up 10 for the day.

About This Thread

Maintained by Shades
Back in December 2005 I started a thread on Runner's World offering a marathon training plan on 3 runs a week. I had my own running club at the time (Womens Running Network) and I had successfully trialled the training plan when I took a group of girls to Dublin to run their first marathon.

Over the years the thread has evolved into a chat thread, with a bit of training advice, race reports, for predominantly marathon runners.