Shades Marathon Training

6 lurkers | 30 watchers
7 Aug
10:48am, 7 Aug 2024
3,454 posts
  •  
Shades
Cal - that's a promising return to training after your injection.

WP - despite having a really bad night, I'm not doing anything except lazing around watching the Olympics, so therefore not tired, I'm feeling a bit better. RHR still high but 2bpm lower than yesterday. I did go out this morning as getting cabin fever and did a short walk.

Good that you're better now and can settle into your training.
7 Aug
10:50am, 7 Aug 2024
4,295 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
That sounds pretty good but watch the RHR but lower than yesterday is a good sign.How did the walk feel?
7 Aug
12:29pm, 7 Aug 2024
3,455 posts
  •  
Shades
WP - felt good to be out in the fresh air. I won't try to run until I'm within 4 bpm of my normal RHR. I'm aware that post Covid can be variable in terms of getting back into training.
8 Aug
4:33am, 8 Aug 2024
3,457 posts
  •  
Shades
RHR back up today +2 on yesterday. Had another restless night.

As with a lot of areas there were rumours and speculation about planned unrest/protests here last night. I live about half a mile from the town centre and as I was watching the athletics last night I heard the sound of a group going down the road making a fair bit of noise. Dreading seeing a group of troublemakers I peeked out of the window, but it was OK, it was the local running club out on a training run 🤣 I think it was the Trotters.
8 Aug
6:05am, 8 Aug 2024
27 posts
  •  
Cal Jones
LOL Shades, running clubs can be noisy.

My hip did start aching later yesterday and a bit in bed too, though, so looks like I'm not out of the woods yet. It's not as bad as it was but I'll see how it goes today.
8 Aug
6:59am, 8 Aug 2024
4,299 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
Sadly as you know from HR it was up and down so much.

Haha fancy that a noisy running club training night.

Cal: Hope it is not too bad today.

My RHR up overnight but slept badly so going to just run 45 minutes and hopefully it comes right again.

I just watched Elliot Giles youtube video on his call up a week ago to Olympics for 800m what a lovely chap he is and he made it through the semi's.
8 Aug
7:32am, 8 Aug 2024
3,458 posts
  •  
Shades
Cal - hope the hip settles down quickly.

WP - annoying that your RHR still not settled back to normal range.

I saw Giles being interviewed post race. He ran well.
8 Aug
7:52am, 8 Aug 2024
241 posts
  •  
Ian5
I may have bought flights to South Africa last night 🙂 all committed now.
8 Aug
8:18am, 8 Aug 2024
3,843 posts
  •  
Big_G
Exciting news, Ian!

Didn’t see much of Olympics live last night as we were out, but I caught up a bit this morning. Rest day from running today although will probably jump on the bike later.
8 Aug
8:35am, 8 Aug 2024
3,459 posts
  •  
Shades
Great news Ian.

About This Thread

Maintained by Shades
Back in December 2005 I started a thread on Runner's World offering a marathon training plan on 3 runs a week. I had my own running club at the time (Womens Running Network) and I had successfully trialled the training plan when I took a group of girls to Dublin to run their first marathon.

Over the years the thread has evolved into a chat thread, with a bit of training advice, race reports, for predominantly marathon runners.