Welshpoppy
Well done on great mileage Ian.
Good going with Polar watch.
2 Aug
5:53pm, 2 Aug 2024
3,407 posts
  •  
Shades
Ian - that's great that you're back to the same level of mileage as 2020, you were running very well then.

How are you doing with the weight loss now your mileage is increasing?
2 Aug
6:05pm, 2 Aug 2024
3,821 posts
  •  
Big_G
Nice one Ian. Great mileage.

I did a tough interval session on Zwift this afternoon. Let’s see how the legs are tomorrow :)
2 Aug
7:42pm, 2 Aug 2024
234 posts
  •  
Ian5
Shades-Main difference is I had 4 months at that level in 2020,hoping for 2 this time.
Weight loss is going fine,3lbs gone,4 to go with 6 weeks left really.
2 Aug
7:44pm, 2 Aug 2024
14 posts
  •  
Cal Jones
My flat's still roasting...28 degrees at the moment. The problem I have at the moment is I have shutters, but they're currently broken which means I can't open my window wide at night. So basically I'm only losing a degree or so temp overnight which means my flat is getting hotter and hotter.

Trying to find someone who can mend the shutters as I speak.

Small gym session this morning, followed by a disco migraine. Been a couple of years since I had one of those. I blame it on the humidity and rubbish sleep. At least they pass quickly (usually within half an hour) but the postdrome leaves me wiped out for the rest of the day.
2 Aug
7:45pm, 2 Aug 2024
3,409 posts
  •  
Shades
Ian - even 2 months on that mileage is going to give you a strong marathon. Especially as you're doing well on the weight too.
2 Aug
9:11pm, 2 Aug 2024
235 posts
  •  
Ian5
Shades-Yes I'm hoping so,feel a bit sluggish at the minute,but hoping that will change as it cools.
Booked our train tickets to odense today,last job done.
That 10,000 was a great race tonight,enjoyed seeing Cheptegui coming back to form.
3 Aug
5:13am, 3 Aug 2024
3,412 posts
  •  
Shades
Ian - once it cools a bit and no longer warm and humid you'll really feel the benefit.

Haven't watched the 10,000m yet, will do so this morning.

Had a better night's sleep, not great, but a lot better than the previous three nights. Rest day (again) for me today, early food shop.
3 Aug
5:20am, 3 Aug 2024
3,413 posts
  •  
Shades
Cal - annoying about the shutters.

I have my windows shut at night as I'm on the ground floor and the bedroom one tightly shut as due to the road diversions we have more traffic using our road.

Forecast has overnight temps dropping for the next few days.
3 Aug
8:14am, 3 Aug 2024
3,822 posts
  •  
Big_G
Ian, I enjoyed the 10000m too. For the ladies, I hadn’t fully appreciated that Hassan is going for 5000, 10000 and marathon!

Sounds stifling, Cal. Hope you get it sorted soon.

8.5 miles today. As I was getting ready, I wasn’t really ‘feeling it’ but I ended up having a great run, and knew it was going to be a good one within the first mile. Strange how it goes sometimes. HR was just well in control for basically the whole run, a reasonable pace for me at this stage, and just felt like I was clipping along quite nicely, including small portions where I was pushing very slightly to get the HR up to where I want, whereas recently it’s been the opposite of that. So there are signs things are moving in the right direction. That’s 40 for the week, which I’m pleased about, and all being well it’ll be similar the next couple of weeks, with hopefully at least one 10-miler for my ‘long run’ each of the weeks. And no parkrun for me today, which feels weird.

There was the local 3k relays last night and I think my club had entered 16 teams of 4, which is some going. The club pays the entry fees for relay events, so it’s a great way to get club mates together at a local race, which is organised by another club. I was considering going down to spectate but decided to watch Olympics instead…..bad membership secretary!

About This Thread

Maintained by Shades
Back in December 2005 I started a thread on Runner's World offering a marathon training plan on 3 runs a week. I had my own running club at the time (Womens Running Network) and I had successfully trialled the training plan when I took a group of girls to Dublin to run their first marathon.

Over the years the thread has evolved into a chat thread, with a bit of training advice, race reports, for predominantly marathon runners.