Shades Marathon Training

6 lurkers | 30 watchers
18 Jul
7:32pm, 18 Jul 2024
4,202 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
You are selling it to mešŸ˜ƒšŸ‘

Rhr dropped +6 but just walked today as want two days with lower rhr before I try a run.But I felt really good on walk.
18 Jul
7:35pm, 18 Jul 2024
3,188 posts
  •  
Shades
That's a good idea to give yourself some more time off to get RHR back to normal.
18 Jul
8:09pm, 18 Jul 2024
4,203 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
If it is +5 and under I am going to run tomorrow :)
19 Jul
6:41am, 19 Jul 2024
3,189 posts
  •  
Shades
Ditched my run after a mile or so. Just felt queasy, so turned off my Garmin and walked home. It was overcast and hazy with high humidity and I don't think the humidity helped.

Just had some yogurt and I feel OK now, but I'm not going to try and run again this morning.

Gym later.
19 Jul
6:58am, 19 Jul 2024
4,204 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
Sorry to hear that Shades hope it is just the heat and not a bug.

My RHR +8 this morning and don't feel up to my walk.I helped the gardener to move the huge pile of bushes and tree branches into his trailer late yesterday.He has had two days off with Sciatica and wanted to help him so he did not upset it.

TDF later for me and walk to shop.
19 Jul
7:23am, 19 Jul 2024
3,192 posts
  •  
Shades
WP - thanks, I feel OK, just not 100%

Bad news that you're still struggling with that virus.
19 Jul
9:19am, 19 Jul 2024
3,753 posts
  •  
Big_G
Licking my wounds (figuratively, I didnā€™t fall or anything) after a crap run today. HR out of control, meaning lots of walk breaks, and very, very sweaty afterwards. RHR okay, so donā€™t think itā€™s an imminent cold or anything. Forget it and move on.
19 Jul
9:27am, 19 Jul 2024
3,194 posts
  •  
Shades
Big G - not you as well having an off day. Blame it on the humidity.
19 Jul
2:10pm, 19 Jul 2024
3,754 posts
  •  
Big_G
Just been out to go for a dentist appointment and itā€™s very hot here! Fortunately appointment all went fine, and although I do look after my teeth itā€™s always a worry as I hate the dentist!
19 Jul
3:42pm, 19 Jul 2024
3,196 posts
  •  
Shades
Big G - you make it sound like the rest of us like going to the dentist! We don't.

Good news on not needing any treatment.

I have hygienist next week and dentist a fortnight later.

Hot here too. Cooling down after today.

About This Thread

Maintained by Shades
Back in December 2005 I started a thread on Runner's World offering a marathon training plan on 3 runs a week. I had my own running club at the time (Womens Running Network) and I had successfully trialled the training plan when I took a group of girls to Dublin to run their first marathon.

Over the years the thread has evolved into a chat thread, with a bit of training advice, race reports, for predominantly marathon runners.