•  
Shades
Yes Keith, Thames Bridge Ultra. You must have told me as I put it on the list 😉
25 Jun
5:44pm, 25 Jun 2024
4,068 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
Ian: I will have a look I do miss not having one in winter as sold mine before we moved it was also Proform and 20 years old solid as an ox and no problems with it.

Shades my week is pretty mapped out Wednesday MLR,Thursday easy shorter run ,Friday Long run,Saturday short,Sunday MLR.So basically W,F+Sunday are the Longer run days in which order I want due to illness and weather.
26 Jun
7:44am, 26 Jun 2024
3,601 posts
  •  
Big_G
Had a nice walk over Dover cliffs yesterday after we came off the ferry, for about 4.5 miles. After the walk we left around midday and actually made good time coming home for the first time in what feels like a long time. Basically, no hold ups at all, we stopped for a coffee, and stopped close to home to pick up some food for the next few days, emptied the van, stuck a wash on, had dinner and were able to relax a bit before going bed.

This weekend reminds me of a couple of years ago where we got caught up in the Glastonbury traffic, plus a lorry broke down on a single road. Nightmare. It’s total luck that we’re not travelling back today or tomorrow, and there are signs up on the A303 saying to avoid the area, so we’d have come M4/M5 if that had been the case.

It’s a fairly quick turnaround for the van as we’re away Saturday night in it as we’re going down to Eden Project for a gig - Manic Street Preachers and Suede. Van didn’t skip a beat at all, so that’s good.

Anyway, just over 5 today. Hayfever is playing up, but I have been taking antihistamines the last couple of weeks or so, which do seem to take the edge off. I did enjoy the run, although very sweaty for me.
26 Jun
8:00am, 26 Jun 2024
2,913 posts
  •  
Shades
Big G - that was a good drive home then. I got stuck once in traffic leaving Glastonbury, ancient little vans and trailers that I doubt were all that road worthy, multiple breakdowns.

I'm loving the smell of freshly cut hay but it must be bad for hay fever sufferers as pollen is very high.

WP - hope you survived this morning's run and got your planned miles done.

I wasn't looking forward to the conditions today but although it was warmer the humidity has dropped and was low 90's when I went out and dropping as I ran, so actually better conditions than yesterday. Saw a few other runners out, the first one I saw was wearing a running jacket, I guess he may be training for an event in hot weather, pretty sure he wasn't an overdressed beginner.

6+ miles done, legs trashed from gym though which made for a tough run, but it's done.
26 Jun
8:53am, 26 Jun 2024
4,069 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
Shades: Hayfever is really bad this year I suffer from Feb-September .MWLR went well had my cheese on toast for supper .Coffee and away by 6.15 it was cooler then but warming up luckily the cycle path is cool with trees and river to help.9 miles all done and it was easy compared to Sunday's long run.

I also find day after G session as a full body workout is tough on legs you really have to suck it up.Well done on run this morning :)
26 Jun
9:11am, 26 Jun 2024
2,915 posts
  •  
Shades
WP - so pleased you had a good run today and it felt 'easy'. Do you think last night's snack helped?
26 Jun
9:18am, 26 Jun 2024
2,916 posts
  •  
Shades
26 Jun
9:21am, 26 Jun 2024
2,917 posts
  •  
Shades
Word is London marathon ballot emails will land today
26 Jun
10:38am, 26 Jun 2024
4,072 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
I really do feel it helped as just had my active root electrolite drink at half way it is just 170ml and drink the rest on my return. I was almost a minute faster per mile compared to Sunday as well.

I love all the frenzy with London as a bystander watching on but I so loved it before internet entries.Going to running shop getting magazine,writing cheque,filling in form and seeing if check cleared.
26 Jun
11:31am, 26 Jun 2024
2,918 posts
  •  
Shades
WP - that's good that you felt so much better today. One minute per mile faster is a significant difference. Sometimes it's the mental benefit of knowing you've topped up your energy levels that can make the difference.

About This Thread

Maintained by Shades
Back in December 2005 I started a thread on Runner's World offering a marathon training plan on 3 runs a week. I had my own running club at the time (Womens Running Network) and I had successfully trialled the training plan when I took a group of girls to Dublin to run their first marathon.

Over the years the thread has evolved into a chat thread, with a bit of training advice, race reports, for predominantly marathon runners.