Shades Marathon Training

2 lurkers | 30 watchers
9:47am
9:47am, 21 Sep 2024
4,544 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
Oh yes I am just back six miles today and it feels I have more flexibility with it today especially running up a little incline not stiff and unweilding.No compression socks or tape today .

No rain here as yet but looks like we have the worst of it tomorrow as well.

I think we have had a 7 day dry spell :-)
10:36am
10:36am, 21 Sep 2024
4,123 posts
  •  
Shades
WP - good news on the 6 miles.

We haven't had rain for a while, my car is dusty. So having said that there's likely to be a monsoon tomorrow.
11:57am
11:57am, 21 Sep 2024
4,031 posts
  •  
Big_G
A really decent turnout of Trotters today at parkrun for the couple getting married. The event had advertised it as well and knew it would likely be busy, and it looks like it as the 2nd highest turnout, tired only with Xmas Eve 2016.

Crikey, it’s a tough course though (it used to be my local). Put some effort in and slowed a lot at the finish, managing 25:04.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Shades
Back in December 2005 I started a thread on Runner's World offering a marathon training plan on 3 runs a week. I had my own running club at the time (Womens Running Network) and I had successfully trialled the training plan when I took a group of girls to Dublin to run their first marathon.

Over the years the thread has evolved into a chat thread, with a bit of training advice, race reports, for predominantly marathon runners.