Shades Marathon Training

2 lurkers | 30 watchers
2:06pm
2:06pm, 20 Sep 2024
4,539 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
Big G: Today must be so hard for you.Ten years is a long time but also it flies by.

Rob: Sounds like a great day going over old times and memories.

Shades: It really does take forever and not as quick as we would like. Have you done the test?

No run today I went out but Achilles was on a scale of pain 9 so back home.I have walked for a few miles but sore.No idea what set it off today as tape still on and compressions socks.

Gardener just been I help with raking it saves on costs so a good half hour of bending filling garden wheelie bin. I imagine one more cut next month and I got the hedge cut.
2:46pm
2:46pm, 20 Sep 2024
4,114 posts
  •  
Shades
Shades wrote:Covid test still positive but with a weaker T line.

I posted this earlier, you must have missed it. 😉

That's not good about the achilles, especially not knowing what sets it off again.
4:08pm
4:08pm, 20 Sep 2024
4,115 posts
  •  
Shades

Today's test result.😷
5:16pm
5:16pm, 20 Sep 2024
4,541 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
Oh that is a shame when will you test again? Monday? What did you do about Hairdresser.

Your post must have snuck in when I was not looking!
5:21pm
5:21pm, 20 Sep 2024
4,117 posts
  •  
Shades
Hair appointment postponed to 7th October.

I probably won't bother testing again, I have no imminent appointments coming up.

Will go food shopping tomorrow.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Shades
Back in December 2005 I started a thread on Runner's World offering a marathon training plan on 3 runs a week. I had my own running club at the time (Womens Running Network) and I had successfully trialled the training plan when I took a group of girls to Dublin to run their first marathon.

Over the years the thread has evolved into a chat thread, with a bit of training advice, race reports, for predominantly marathon runners.