•  
annadav
Thanks @Shades 😀
7 Sep
1:16pm, 7 Sep 2024
4,455 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
@annadav lovely to see you posting.I don't belong either but been made very welcome :)
7 Sep
1:19pm, 7 Sep 2024
3,726 posts
  •  
annadav
Thanks @Welshpoppy all interesting stuff even though I’m not sure I could manage another marathon.
7 Sep
7:05pm, 7 Sep 2024
3,968 posts
  •  
Big_G
Welcome annadav.

Had a nice day yesterday as we went to Hayle beach, which is a massive sandy beach, and Tigg enjoyed that.

We were staying between two different parkruns and opted for Penrose this morning, which is mainly tarmac, on and out and back course, with a sharp incline before the turnaround . Managed 21:58 but can’t say I was happy with my performance as faded pretty badly and just didn’t feel good today from the start, plus probably went off a bit quick as well. But it’s another one done and 3 left to complete Cornwall, although I’m no hurry at all (I’ve done all the Devon ones).

Caught up with friends who live nearby today, and back at the site now. It’s raining but we’re dry and warm, and we’re going home tomorrow anyway. Being away at least means we’ve not been able to go anywhere near Dad’s house this weekend, which is a result, and we’ve had a nice couple of days :) May fit one more trip in with the van this year, but we’ll see.
8 Sep
7:52am, 8 Sep 2024
3,894 posts
  •  
Shades
Big G - Tigg looking very happy there with the beach to himself.

Just a short one today as knee a bit niggly. No reason for the niggle, happens now and then. so 3 miles, gives me 24 for the week. We had very heavy rain last night and more forecast this morning, too warm for a jacket. So as knee was niggly I opted for laps of a nearby park so it the torrential rain arrived I wasn't too far from home. Only had light rain was very pleasant conditions.
8 Sep
8:14am, 8 Sep 2024
4,456 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
That looks a lovely photo :)

Shades :Hope knee settles for you and sounds like you got the best of the weather.

I am swapping days so a shorter one due to heavy rain coming in.
8 Sep
8:42am, 8 Sep 2024
4,457 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
Achilles said no thank you so a rest day.....
8 Sep
8:52am, 8 Sep 2024
3,898 posts
  •  
Shades
WP - sorry to hear that about your achilles, just when it seemed to be settling down.

My knee feels fine now, so contrary
8 Sep
8:55am, 8 Sep 2024
4,458 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
I know I think a hillier route yesterday maybe the cause of it.

Glad knee is okay after all.
8 Sep
9:23am, 8 Sep 2024
3,969 posts
  •  
Big_G
Sorry to hear of the niggles.

Steve, I think you mentioned you had a 10K today? Good luck if so.

I did have a route planned from the site today but I ended up sleeping in, so haven’t done it. That means it’s 43 the week.

A group of Trotters and also a group of Motleys are going to Seville marathon in February. Fairly tempted but will look at logistics and cost later as I expect the flights aren’t cheap as I’ve left it lateish (can’t get there from Bristol anymore either). Race is sold out as well, so it’d be a risk getting a place. RA (HA’s husband) is going but only spectating, but if I go I’d want to run it. I did have a look at Boston qualifiers again for what will be a new category and a (very) long term goal!

Trotters committee tomorrow evening. I’ve got stuff to do tomorrow as I’m behind on various things and didn’t go to committee last month due to Dad. Keep thinking about dropping the Membership Sec role at next AGM - pretty sure I said that last year as well!

About This Thread

Maintained by Shades
Back in December 2005 I started a thread on Runner's World offering a marathon training plan on 3 runs a week. I had my own running club at the time (Womens Running Network) and I had successfully trialled the training plan when I took a group of girls to Dublin to run their first marathon.

Over the years the thread has evolved into a chat thread, with a bit of training advice, race reports, for predominantly marathon runners.