•  
fetcheveryone
Thank you :-)
18 Jun
1:57pm, 18 Jun 2024
2,822 posts
  •  
Shades
I really liked it, will use it for all my routes that I want to pre-measure.
18 Jun
5:29pm, 18 Jun 2024
30,599 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
A few little tweaks based on folks usability feedback:

fetcheveryone.com/blog/3/2024/6/485081

:-)
18 Jun
5:51pm, 18 Jun 2024
2,823 posts
  •  
Shades
Thanks.
18 Jun
9:08pm, 18 Jun 2024
129 posts
  •  
Ian5
OH had her first session type run today,it was 10 min easy then 5 at tempo x4.We aimed for 8mm pace,as i never run that pace it was tough at first and came out at 7.30 😅 then managed 8 and 8:01 for the next 2,the last was uphill and came out at 8:11,not to bad apart from the first one.
Ended with 8 miles.
19 Jun
7:48am, 19 Jun 2024
2,825 posts
  •  
Shades
Ian - it's not easy pacing, it does get easier. How did your OH find the session?

6 miles today, another lovely morning, shades on at 5:30. Ran through the woods, thankfully they've cut the nettles back since last week.

I've had an email from EA, I expect you've all had the same. An idea to open up membership to runners not in a club, they say to tap into the 4 million runners not in a running club. I haven't done the survey yet so not sure if there's more info within the survey. However, in the brief blurb they say the advantage would be to provide extra income for EA to spend on the clubs, no mention of what advantage the new members would get. Also to provide EA with extra volunteers/help for events, not sure what I think about that. They do say this idea is to encourage these new members to join a club. However, I think that could backfire on them, runners could leave clubs. Many runners don't train or join in club activities but want the EA licence. I don't know if the new membership includes an EA licence. I'll do the survey later.
19 Jun
8:01am, 19 Jun 2024
30,601 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
The EA license is (from memory) close to £20 - so whatever you’re paying your club, that’s what EA are taking. It’d be interesting to see how much they are offering that for.

FERC, which essentially offers (a) EA license and (b) generates a bit of revenue for Fetch is £28. If they come in below that, I suspect a portion of FERC members will take the direct route.

That said, I am less and less convinced about the merits of EA membership. The race discount is increasingly rare, and one would need to enter ~14 races to make a ‘profit’. Plus the old draw of London places is receding - every year they put the squeeze on what they give us.
19 Jun
8:08am, 19 Jun 2024
3,572 posts
  •  
Big_G
I’m membership secretary of my club and currently our club fees are separate from EA fees in that members pay their EA fees separately; they are still paid via the club as runners can’t currently pay EA themselves. We only have a small percentage of members who choose to affiliate with EA though. We manage payments (membership, EA, club kit) through SI Entries, and the treasurer pays EA when I’ve registered a member.
19 Jun
8:11am, 19 Jun 2024
2,827 posts
  •  
Shades
Fetch - I expect you've had the email too. For anyone that hasn't, here's the details

https://www.englandathletics.org/news/help-shape-the-future-of-england-athletics-membership/?dm_i=7KNE,3TX9,5IHKD,FWE5,1

I haven't had an EA licence for about 12 years, maybe longer but I'm still on EA's mailing list so I will complete the survey.

I have a very low opinion of EA and think that club runners (non track athletes) get a very poor deal.

I have been involved with ARC since they started. IMHO if it hadn't been for ARC setting up EA would be charging athletes £30-£50 a year for their licence. ARC haven't increased club affiliation fees, didn't EA double their club affiliation fees a couple of years ago.

About This Thread

Maintained by Shades
Back in December 2005 I started a thread on Runner's World offering a marathon training plan on 3 runs a week. I had my own running club at the time (Womens Running Network) and I had successfully trialled the training plan when I took a group of girls to Dublin to run their first marathon.

Over the years the thread has evolved into a chat thread, with a bit of training advice, race reports, for predominantly marathon runners.