bbc.co.uk

I think it's that one @paulcook
SPR
26 Oct
8:23pm, 26 Oct 2024
46,523 posts
  •  
SPR
The long length is something the podcast listeners are used to. Whether they were impressed is another matter.

Harris is/ was also considering going on the show and I guarantee it won't be an hour tops if she goes on unless something goes wrong as that's not the format. Less than 2:30 would be surprising.

Have a look at a list of episodes here. They're supposed to be conversations as the article I posted said.

open.spotify.com
SPR
26 Oct
8:42pm, 26 Oct 2024
46,524 posts
  •  
SPR
There's 9000+ comments on the Trump episode on Spotify. I looked at the last four before that and only one broke 1000 comments.
26 Oct
8:51pm, 26 Oct 2024
6,804 posts
  •  
paulcook
Yep that's the one @LindsD

I just can't fully remember how political, how grifter, how misogynistic or a combination of the three it was.
26 Oct
8:52pm, 26 Oct 2024
33,324 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
A national poll released today by the Institute of Politics (IOP) at the Harvard Kennedy School indicates that among 18-to-29-year-olds nationwide, Vice President Kamala Harris holds a commanding 31-point lead over former President Donald Trump among likely voters in a multi-candidate matchup. The 48th Harvard Youth Poll shows Harris leading Trump 64% to 32% among likely voters in a two-way hypothetical scenario with her advantage expanding as young people become more engaged in the electoral process.

The poll also finds:

A significant enthusiasm gap between young Democrats and Republicans, with 74% of young Democrats saying they will "definitely" vote, compared to 60% of young Republicans.
A widening gender gap, nearly doubling from 17 points in the Spring poll to 30 points now, with Harris leading 70% to 23% among likely female voters.
Harris outperforming Trump on key personal qualities and issues, with substantial leads in empathy (+33), relatability (+24), honesty (+22), climate change (+32), abortion (+31), health care (+26), and gun violence prevention (+25) among all young adults.
Harris's job approval as Vice President has significantly improved, increasing from 32% in the Spring poll to 44% now.
Strong support for progressive policies among young Americans, with 74% favoring capping prescription drug prices and 59% supporting a nationwide law to legalize abortion.
Overwhelming rejection of Project 2025 among young Americans, with only 6% viewing it favorably compared to 48% unfavorably. Even among Republicans, we find 14% viewing it favorably and 23% unfavorably.

He's gonna need to do more than talk bollocks for 3 hours on a podcast.
SPR
26 Oct
9:18pm, 26 Oct 2024
46,525 posts
  •  
SPR
The article I posted talked about Harris having a lead with young voters but a smaller although still big one with young male voters. Regardless, getting more voters that will identify with him out to vote is a good strategy in a tight race even if it's not enough.
26 Oct
9:36pm, 26 Oct 2024
33,325 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
He should have sent JD on. As the Peter Pan incel he would have been a better fit.
26 Oct
9:50pm, 26 Oct 2024
23,319 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
SPR wrote:The long length is something the podcast listeners are used to. Whether they were impressed is another matter. Harris is/ was also considering going on the show and I guarantee it won't be an hour tops if she goes on unless something goes wrong as that's not the format. Less than 2:30 would be surprising. Have a look at a list of episodes here. They're supposed to be conversations as the article I posted said. open.spotify.com

Harris campaign confirmed the other day she wasnt doing it due to "scheduling"
26 Oct
9:54pm, 26 Oct 2024
23,320 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
538 have released their senate prediction model (given it's so close to election day, it might as well just be a straight prediction.

Unsurprising 88% chance Rs take the senate.

projects.fivethirtyeight.com

Trump marginally eaked out a fraction more of a chance - now at 53-47% given a few more favourable polls for him.
26 Oct
10:07pm, 26 Oct 2024
23,321 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Trump has been endorsed by a number of arab-american groups in Michigan today.

Obviously doesn't mean all the members those groups will vote trump, but a really bad sign that trump might take Michigan.

And that's game over for Harris.

Really hoping that there's a systematic polling error in trump's direction going on, otherwise I'm more convinced he's won.

About This Thread

Maintained by Chrisull
Name-calling will be called out, and Ad hominem will be frowned upon. :-) And whatabout-ery sits somewhere above responding to tone and below contradiction.

*** NEW US election PREDICTOR *** Predict:

1) Number of electoral college votes Democrats get
2) Party to win the Senate (Democrat or Republican)
3) Party to win the House (Democrat or Republican)

Do the prediction like this: 312 D D - you win if you get the first number right and no-one else does.

Johnny Blaze 360 R D
Bob 312 D D
EarlyRiser 306 R D
LindsD 298 R D
J2R 296 R D
Chrisull 276 R D
JamieKai 270 D R
Larkim 268 R R
TROSaracen 226 R R
PaulCook 0 G G

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.