Politics

214 watchers
jda
26 Oct
10:07am, 26 Oct 2024
17,996 posts
  •  
jda
Well it may also be that he’s a fascist as well as being a weak cowardly piece of shit.
SPR
26 Oct
10:19am, 26 Oct 2024
46,520 posts
  •  
SPR
He could just go the Murdoch route and endorse though so it's clear he's trying to make sure he can work with whoever wins. Might not work anyway as Trump might just hand contracts to those that have sworn fealty.
26 Oct
2:52pm, 26 Oct 2024
22,309 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Just asked my sister (decade living on border of N CArolina/S Carolina) who will win. She's normally very skittish on saying one way or the other. She said Harris, definitely. Thinks election "direction" in Britain is not being showed as it's being perceived in the States.
26 Oct
2:58pm, 26 Oct 2024
22,310 posts
  •  
Chrisull
She thinks Georgia will be Harris, and Harris will squeak N Carolina. Of course this is all gut feel and copium, but on election day here, I thought SE Cornwall might just go Labour for the first time ever. It's the little things like no Tory signs and Labour signs where you'd never seen them before. Hearing similar stories in the States.
jda
26 Oct
3:13pm, 26 Oct 2024
17,999 posts
  •  
jda
That was my feeling from my recent trip. But it’s really hard to argue that a bit of anecdata and gut feeling should over-rule polls that say it’s close.
26 Oct
4:31pm, 26 Oct 2024
25,919 posts
  •  
larkim
Oh dear, my MP has got himself some national press...

metro.co.uk
26 Oct
5:30pm, 26 Oct 2024
22,311 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Yeah we can't argue that, but the electoral college means it runs through 7 states, and while Trump is piling up votes it's in Florida which isn't going to help him that much. My sister was breaking North Carolina region by region explaining what's happening and where, so it was a little more than gut feel.
26 Oct
5:32pm, 26 Oct 2024
22,312 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Also I hear the Joe Rogan Trump interview was pretty disastrous too.
26 Oct
5:36pm, 26 Oct 2024
33,319 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
I heard a clip. He sounded very old. Which he is.

How a 23 year old Manosphere guy will react I cannot even guess at, but I feeel my 23 year old self wouldn't have been impressed by a rambling old geezer waffling nonsense.
26 Oct
5:38pm, 26 Oct 2024
33,320 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
I also expect Trump and Co to continue their BS that they are ahead in the polls next week - so they can make it part of their stolen election nonsense if he loses.

About This Thread

Maintained by Chrisull
Name-calling will be called out, and Ad hominem will be frowned upon. :-) And whatabout-ery sits somewhere above responding to tone and below contradiction.

*** NEW US election PREDICTOR *** Predict:

1) Number of electoral college votes Democrats get
2) Party to win the Senate (Democrat or Republican)
3) Party to win the House (Democrat or Republican)

Do the prediction like this: 312 D D - you win if you get the first number right and no-one else does.

Johnny Blaze 360 R D
Bob 312 D D
EarlyRiser 306 R D
LindsD 298 R D
J2R 296 R D
Chrisull 276 R D
JamieKai 270 D R
Larkim 268 R R
TROSaracen 226 R R
PaulCook 0 G G

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.