Politics

21 lurkers | 212 watchers
6 Aug
1:00pm, 6 Aug 2024
4,450 posts
  •  
Bob!
macca 53 wrote:[one arrest of an 18 year old man, Paul - with other arrests pending]

...this was specifically for spreading hate on social media I believe
SPR
6 Aug
1:07pm, 6 Aug 2024
45,529 posts
  •  
SPR
In Birmingham, rumours were spread on social media of a planned far-right 'protest' to get those that wanted to oppose it out it seems and then the images were spread over social media by the far right to try and boost their cause.

bbc.co.uk
SPR
6 Aug
1:40pm, 6 Aug 2024
45,530 posts
  •  
SPR
The way immigrants are discussed needs to change and those not on the far-right need to make sure they don't feed into this in any way.

For one of the hotels that was attacked, a Labour MP was in the commons saying that local people wanted their hotel back a few days before the attack. Maybe I'm missing something but I wouldn't expect one hotel to be a great loss to the community and seems more like we don't want immigrants here.
6 Aug
1:49pm, 6 Aug 2024
28,826 posts
  •  
richmac
Why would the locals care about who's in the hotel ? they live there & presumably the hotels main function to them is employment which is more secure when the home office are filling the place.

Farage is a modern Mosely, a posh twat convincing the thicker of the working classes that a certain minority group is the cause of all their problems.
6 Aug
1:57pm, 6 Aug 2024
6,098 posts
  •  
paulcook
macca 53 wrote:[one arrest of an 18 year old man, Paul - with other arrests pending]

To be fair, any violent protest is too big. I hope the rumours are true that it was just a few bricks being thrown at the police. I've just wandered down there to get some lunch and didn't notice any damage anywhere thank goodness though I didn't get as far as the mosque and park.
6 Aug
1:59pm, 6 Aug 2024
6,099 posts
  •  
paulcook
SPR wrote:The way immigrants are discussed needs to change and those not on the far-right need to make sure they don't feed into this in any way. For one of the hotels that was attacked, a Labour MP was in the commons saying that local people wanted their hotel back a few days before the attack. Maybe I'm missing something but I wouldn't expect one hotel to be a great loss to the community and seems more like we don't want immigrants here.

Hotels are just large houses, fancy apartment blocks possibly, when it comes down to it, are they not?
6 Aug
2:06pm, 6 Aug 2024
30,951 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Kamala's VP pick announced: Tim Walz.
6 Aug
2:07pm, 6 Aug 2024
69,178 posts
  •  
LindsD
I don't recall any of the TRIP people predicting that, but I might have missed it.
6 Aug
2:21pm, 6 Aug 2024
20,011 posts
  •  
Gooner
richmac wrote:Why would the locals care about who's in the hotel ? they live there & presumably the hotels main function to them is employment which is more secure when the home office are filling the place.

The locals had actually been making a bit of noise over the last year or so as there had been a couple of crimes attributed to residents at the hotel and reports of harassment of local females. I have no idea of the truth behind any of them as I refuse to get dragged into the inevitable brainless attitudes that surface when such stories are shared, but I can see why the new MP would see mentioning it would be a quick win for popularity in the area. However misguided.
6 Aug
2:27pm, 6 Aug 2024
6,100 posts
  •  
paulcook
That was one of the arguments too in Hartlepool @Gooner where an asylum seeker had killed someone in the town. But then they just went and attacked a mosque that was central to so much stuff in the town too. Just belittles the rest of the arguments sometimes.

About This Thread

Maintained by Chrisull
Name-calling will be called out, and Ad hominem will be frowned upon. :-) And whatabout-ery sits somewhere above responding to tone and below contradiction.

*** Last poll winner

121 - Congrats to kstuart who predicted 121

*** Next poll will be along soon....

HappyG 270
Fenners Reborn 266
Jda 250
GeneHunt 205
Larkim 191
Mushroom 185
Bazoaxe 180
JamieKai 177
Cheg 171
Yakima Canutt 165
Chrisull 155
NDWDave 147
Macca53 138
JB 135
Derby Tup 133
Little Nemo 130
Big G 128
Kstuart 121
LindsD 120
Diogenes 117
Fields 111
B Rubble 110
Mrs Shanksi 103
J2r 101
Richmac 101
rf_fuzzy 100 (+15/-15)
simbil 99
DaveW 95
Paulcook 88
Fetch 85
Bob 72
Weean 69 and 2/3
Pothunter 50

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.