Politics

13 lurkers | 212 watchers
4 Aug
12:51pm, 4 Aug 2024
28,787 posts
  •  
richmac
Jeeeesusf'ingchrist the 'two tier' bollocks is straight from Yaxley Lennon. This doughnut needs sacking, if not arresting.
4 Aug
7:33pm, 4 Aug 2024
22,837 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Nate silver (now shorn of 538 and who was losing it a little down a libertarian rabbit hole not too long ago) currently has his model showing Harris as a *very* slight favourite (50.3 to 49.7%).

Meaningless at this point, but it shows why trumpy mctrumpster has been losing it.
4 Aug
7:46pm, 4 Aug 2024
5,867 posts
  •  
Minnie Mad
“Our courts need to become aware that these idiots do not stand for the welfare of their country or give a damn about equal rights and should be expected to pay over the odds for the damage they’re causing to Southport, Hartlepool, Leeds, Sheffield, Sunderland and however many more towns and cities across “their country”. @honestmackem

I don’t often read this thread but this comment caught my eye and I was just wondering why on earth you think that the courts are not aware of the underlying issues involved? Tomorrow I am sure Leeds remands will be clogged up by these individuals facing charges, and we will probably have an extra remand court to deal with them. Staff will be at risk from these individuals on both sides of the dock and there will perhaps be unpleasant supporters and families spouting racist nonsense and being abusive to staff. Racism is always an aggravating factor in any offence and carries a steeper penalty. The uplift must be announced in court.
4 Aug
8:00pm, 4 Aug 2024
6,066 posts
  •  
paulcook
The PM is the man who upped the charges following the 2011 riots. I have no doubt the courts will be handing out very long sentences.

I did read yesterday suggestions of 24-hour courts. Various solicitors said similar happened in 2011.

Good luck.
4 Aug
9:40pm, 4 Aug 2024
6,073 posts
  •  
paulcook
Yaxley-Lennon is crying foul because someone has leaked his location while in a foreign hotel. Shameful irony.
4 Aug
9:49pm, 4 Aug 2024
69,142 posts
  •  
LindsD
Thank you for the work you do @Minnie Mad
4 Aug
10:40pm, 4 Aug 2024
1,037 posts
  •  
honestmackem
Apologies if I offended you @Minnie Mad with my comment. When I posted on Saturday morning shortly after the riot in Sunderland it was through pure frustration that uneducated morons caused so much carnage to my city and expect to get away with the cost of the clear up and inconvenience and cost to businesses. I wasn’t expecting sentences, just for them to be held accountable and pay for the damage caused.
4 Aug
11:35pm, 4 Aug 2024
6,074 posts
  •  
paulcook
HappyG(rrr) wrote:Sorry, not getting the connection. What has he got to do with EDL / racists rioting?

Musk tonight: "Civil war is inevitable".

What a lovely chap.
5 Aug
12:41am, 5 Aug 2024
32,892 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
The best thing that could happen is a Harris landslide. What happens after that is anyone's guess but Trump will likely combust and turn on anyone who dares to even hint that he needs to move over. Dangerous times ahead, but hopefully not a civil war.

Wise heads try to lower the temperature. Musk isn't a wise head. Unfortunately he owns a platform where his algorithms can either enflame and incite or act as a responsible filter to control lies, conspiracy theories and extremism. I think I know which way he's heading.
5 Aug
6:45am, 5 Aug 2024
5,868 posts
  •  
Minnie Mad
No offence @honestmackem . Sadly I think that they are more likely to get sentenced and less likely to pay for it. I’ve noticed anecdotally that there are a few involved in these riots who are subject to recall, which means they are serving prisoners who are serving the second half of a prison sentence in the community. They go straight back to prison without passing go🤔. Serving prisoners would not have compensation awarded against them as there is a process called lodging which means you don’t leave prison in debt as you would be unable to pay it and be more likely to reoffend. Personally I found it really hard watching the distress of the shopkeepers on TV.

About This Thread

Maintained by Chrisull
Name-calling will be called out, and Ad hominem will be frowned upon. :-) And whatabout-ery sits somewhere above responding to tone and below contradiction.

*** Last poll winner

121 - Congrats to kstuart who predicted 121

*** Next poll will be along soon....

HappyG 270
Fenners Reborn 266
Jda 250
GeneHunt 205
Larkim 191
Mushroom 185
Bazoaxe 180
JamieKai 177
Cheg 171
Yakima Canutt 165
Chrisull 155
NDWDave 147
Macca53 138
JB 135
Derby Tup 133
Little Nemo 130
Big G 128
Kstuart 121
LindsD 120
Diogenes 117
Fields 111
B Rubble 110
Mrs Shanksi 103
J2r 101
Richmac 101
rf_fuzzy 100 (+15/-15)
simbil 99
DaveW 95
Paulcook 88
Fetch 85
Bob 72
Weean 69 and 2/3
Pothunter 50

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.