Politics

25 lurkers | 212 watchers
Nov 2019
2:10pm, 29 Nov 2019
725 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Scotland got rid of right to buy in 2016. Good decision imho.
Nov 2019
2:28pm, 29 Nov 2019
24,797 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
He's working class all right. I am, university educated and all

He was a postman when he bought it (not many postman are middle class), he was 80 when he finally paid it off, he didn't sign on the dotted line until he was 60. I'm not bleating about he worked hard, I didn't get where I am today eating Avodcado toast, He wouldn't know an Avocado if you hit him over the head with it.
Nov 2019
2:38pm, 29 Nov 2019
726 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Don’t blame the player, blame the game WS.
Nov 2019
2:52pm, 29 Nov 2019
24,799 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
I agree, not really the point, how else would he have got that? Easy if you come from a family that already owns a house and has the background of expectation and decent schools, of not, it is a fucking difficult, and I for one won't blame someone for how they vote, they have their reasons, unfathomable sometimes, very snotty calling them foolish though, very clever dick.
Nov 2019
3:06pm, 29 Nov 2019
33,450 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Sorry WS, wasn't trying to insult anyone. You're right, everyone is entitled to vote as they wish. Very important principle. I just think it's a shame that some people don't seem to see that they are supporting something that on balance is harmful to them. But people are allowed to smoke and to drink and eat rubbish food and those aren't very good for you either (I do at least one of these things so I'm trying to include myself in the "being foolish" description). Free country and all that, you're absolutely correct.
Nov 2019
3:16pm, 29 Nov 2019
7,825 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
It's like playing the lottery isn't it. Your average poor player will end up a fair few quid down overall. But the dream of winning the jackpot and making good is too seductive.
Nov 2019
3:25pm, 29 Nov 2019
23,070 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
To my mind, the Conservative tree logo looks well suited to appearing in scratchcard silver.
jda
Nov 2019
3:25pm, 29 Nov 2019
5,885 posts
  •  
jda
In case my previous was unclear, I also was in no way meaning to be critical of WS' parents. But the simple fact is that the equivalent people today are paying half their earnings in rent and haven't a hope in hell of buying a similar house. The current older generation is basically the first in history to leave their descendants worse off than they themselves were. And having had the amazing good fortune to live in this period of unrivalled peace and prosperity many of them are actively doing everything they can to sabotage their own childrens' futures. Boils my piss and I don't even have any children myself.
Nov 2019
3:45pm, 29 Nov 2019
22,941 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
Agreed. There's nothing like pulling the ladder up is there.
Nov 2019
3:46pm, 29 Nov 2019
727 posts
  •  
Ally-C
My mum bought her council house, it’ll be worth nowhere near £100k. It’s not always a money spinner.

About This Thread

Maintained by Chrisull
Name-calling will be called out, and Ad hominem will be frowned upon. :-) And whatabout-ery sits somewhere above responding to tone and below contradiction.

*** NEW US election PREDICTOR *** Predict:

1) Number of electoral college votes Democrats get
2) Party to win the Senate (Democrat or Republican)
3) Party to win the House (Democrat or Republican)

Do the prediction like this: 312 D D - you win if you get the first number right and no-one else does.

Johnny Blaze 360 R D
Bob 312 D D
EarlyRiser 306 R D
LindsD 298 R D
Chrisull 276 R D
Larkim 268 R R
PaulCook 0 R R

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.