20 lurkers | 212 watchers
Nov 2019
3:58pm, 21 Nov 2019
772 posts
  •  
Roberto
Just found this:

thebrexitparty.com

With an election advent calendar at the bottom.
Nov 2019
4:01pm, 21 Nov 2019
9,538 posts
  •  
larkim
The Tories really are trying hard in the "use the internet in a sneaky way" games.

www.labourmanifesto.co.uk is a Tory site (in fairness, it does say so on the front page).

Also, LK reports that in week 1 the Tories have raised £5.7m in large donations (>£7500) compared to £218k for Labour. That doesn't tell the whole story, of course, but does give a flavour.
Nov 2019
4:47pm, 21 Nov 2019
30,022 posts
  •  
♪♫ Egnys ♪♫
um - re your NI contributions record, I'm sure you'll take advice from someone reliable, but:

"46 years of full contributions" means you *have* satisfied the 35 years requirement.

"2 years to contribute" is simply a statement of fact based on how long there is until your retirement date, it is not an indication that you have to pay two more years to achieve anything more than you are already entitled to.

"1 year when you did not contribute enough" is equally a statement of fact and not an indication that you have not satisfied the 35 years requirement.

My interpretation of this is that, if you retire today, without making any further contribution, you will be entitled to the full state pension on 5 April 2021.

But do check! :-)
um
Nov 2019
5:03pm, 21 Nov 2019
1,392 posts
  •  
um
[not really politics, but just exploring the NI minefield ...
Hi Esynge & Cerrertonia - the '35 years' is only if there's been no contracting out (as Cerrertonia says). Despite my 46 years contribution (I started school holiday jobs young!) the contracted out years cut away from the 'full' pension and make attaining that almost impossible. I know I paid less NI & for those years, but the messaging around NI and pension is somewhat misleading ]
Nov 2019
5:07pm, 21 Nov 2019
30,023 posts
  •  
♪♫ Egnys ♪♫
Ah, I see, that makes sense - I realised after posting that the projection quoted for you is less that the max. At least it sounds as if you’re on top of it and your expectations are in line with reality.

[goes back to lurking mode]
Nov 2019
7:39pm, 21 Nov 2019
3,633 posts
  •  
run free
Singapore now has a free trade agreement with the EU. Will comply with their environmental regulations. Really cannot see a Singapore style British Govt. The rail is nationalised (ok 50% is privately owned by Temasek which is the Govt investment of people’s tax so is effectively 100% Govt owned); the police force is propped up by 18-20 year olds who have to do national service; and much more...and our PM is paid at least 1 million dollars to help keep him honest!
Nov 2019
7:45pm, 21 Nov 2019
10,141 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
run free the public transport system is awesome in Singapore. My non-driving son loved it. It's a one-party state, is that right?
Nov 2019
8:17pm, 21 Nov 2019
23,034 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I noticed that someone had graffitied lots of the motorway bridges on the M1 north of Bedford. The one that caught my eye first said: "Register to vote. Defeat the Tory Slytherin". Looked like the same handwriting each time. It must have been quite a logistical challenge.
Nov 2019
8:21pm, 21 Nov 2019
1,676 posts
  •  
stuart little
thetorymanifesto.com
Nov 2019
8:33pm, 21 Nov 2019
31,098 posts
  •  
LindsD
Childish, but that really made me laugh :)

About This Thread

Maintained by Chrisull
Name-calling will be called out, and Ad hominem will be frowned upon. :-) And whatabout-ery sits somewhere above responding to tone and below contradiction.

*** NEW US election PREDICTOR *** Predict:

1) Number of electoral college votes Democrats get
2) Party to win the Senate (Democrat or Republican)
3) Party to win the House (Democrat or Republican)

Do the prediction like this: 312 D D - you win if you get the first number right and no-one else does.

Johnny Blaze 360 R D
Bob 312 D D
EarlyRiser 306 R D
LindsD 298 R D
Chrisull 276 R D
Larkim 268 R R
TROSaracen 226 R R
PaulCook 0 R R

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.