Politics

18 lurkers | 212 watchers
SPR
Nov 2019
3:05pm, 22 Nov 2019
29,681 posts
  •  
SPR
A bit like voting for the Brexit party is a mandate for Brexit by any means necessary.
Nov 2019
3:10pm, 22 Nov 2019
717 posts
  •  
Ally-C
The SNP won a council election last night in Aberdeen with 43% of the vote. More than decent for them considering in the 2017 GE the Tories gathered a few seats in the NE.
J2R
Nov 2019
4:11pm, 22 Nov 2019
2,401 posts
  •  
J2R
Swinson has been pretty awful, I have to say. While I understand that she has to appeal to moderate Conservatives, by focusing her fire largely on Corbyn and giving Johnson a relatively easy ride, she has destroyed any chance of presenting a kind of united front against the insanity of a hard Brexit.
Nov 2019
4:13pm, 22 Nov 2019
22,911 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
I thought I'd decided which way to vote but I now realise I don't like any of the 3 main parties at the moment...
Nov 2019
4:22pm, 22 Nov 2019
20,054 posts
  •  
TRO Saracen
I want to vote Labour but will not vote for Corbyn/Milne etc. The manifesto sealed it, it’s bonkers. Oh for a credible social democratic alternative. Bad times.
J2R
Nov 2019
4:28pm, 22 Nov 2019
2,402 posts
  •  
J2R
JB, vote for whoever is most likely to stop the Tory. Any other considerations are minor. You may loathe Corbyn or Swinson and loathe his or her policies, but any government they might somehow form could be limited to 5 years. But Brexit is for life, not just for Christmas, and the Tories will give us Brexit.

I am lucky where I live in respect of tactical voting. I would be inclined to vote Lib Dem but my local Labour MP is one of the good guys, and has a clear majority. It would be daft for me to vote for anyone other than him.
Nov 2019
4:37pm, 22 Nov 2019
718 posts
  •  
Ally-C
I read on another forum that Swinson has the charisma of a geography supply teacher, it’s hard to argue.

Her new accent is ridiculous too.
Nov 2019
4:46pm, 22 Nov 2019
33,334 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Lol at "Brexit is for Life, not just for Christmas" - why haven't I seen that slogan on TV and billboards? Possibly with a picture of a dewy-eyed Andrex style puppy (other poop-paper is available) with a big blue and yellow starred collar saying "EU", being stuffed into a bag labelled with "Brexit" by Johnson, ready to throw it off a cliff edge?

I want to see that billboard! :-) G
Nov 2019
4:47pm, 22 Nov 2019
9,754 posts
  •  
Torry Quine
Which accent? It seems to change depending on who she's speaking with or to.

PS Thank you all for this thread, it's constantly giving me 'I need to know more about that' moments.
um
Nov 2019
4:53pm, 22 Nov 2019
1,398 posts
  •  
um
Very surprised at lunch in pub today - 2 people having a very in-depth discussion as to who they should vote for, Never realised people took it that seriously and thoughtfully (except for a few on here ;-) )

Saw Jo Swinson on TV the other day trying to defend her record of flight/train (something like 43/9 ?) and her statements on flights & climate. Basically seemed to be 'I'm an important mother and don't have time for the train, but everyone else should' and no real analytical breakdown or clue as to how to break the 'It's not me, it's all the others' loop.

About This Thread

Maintained by Chrisull
Name-calling will be called out, and Ad hominem will be frowned upon. :-) And whatabout-ery sits somewhere above responding to tone and below contradiction.

*** NEW US election PREDICTOR *** Predict:

1) Number of electoral college votes Democrats get
2) Party to win the Senate (Democrat or Republican)
3) Party to win the House (Democrat or Republican)

Do the prediction like this: 312 D D - you win if you get the first number right and no-one else does.

Johnny Blaze 360 R D
Bob 312 D D
EarlyRiser 306 R D
LindsD 298 R D
Chrisull 276 R D
Larkim 268 R R
TROSaracen 226 R R
PaulCook 0 R R

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.