Meaningless product descriptions

1 lurker | 122 watchers
Oct 2021
6:59pm, 3 Oct 2021
1,545 posts
  •  
Weean
"We do not test our pet food on animals in laboratories and only carry out palatability tests with companion animals in the comfort of their home with their owners' full permission." ... "We pledge that we do not conduct, contract out, or fund animal tests in the developing, manufacturing, testing, or marketing of our products."

I would hope that there's at least a visual check that the cow/chicken/rabbit that's going into the food is dead before it gets processed.
Oct 2021
1:20pm, 5 Oct 2021
129,793 posts
  •  
GregP
I read that as ‘portability tests’ and got very confused.
Oct 2021
8:56am, 7 Oct 2021
26,601 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
As far as I can see, this isn't the name of the shop or anything, so it hopefully counts as a product description. I will let you assess the meaning.

Oct 2021
1:31am, 8 Oct 2021
23,615 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Not so much meaningless as just wrong on every possible level.

"What do you get when you mix a homeware brand born out of British rave culture with a Mancunian record label that discovered Joy Division? A Selfridges’ exclusive, of course. Factory Records x SoftCore dreams up an eclectic line of eccentric furnishings, like this throw, that turns your house into a rockstar’s paradise. Crafted to a double-sided finish, it’s printed with the iconic Closer album artwork and super soft to the touch."

£380.

There's a whole lot more. Cushion £100. Candle £45. Sweatshirt £580. selfridges.com
Oct 2021
7:28am, 8 Oct 2021
50,411 posts
  •  
McGoohan
Well if that didn't call for this vid, I don't know what would.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEag0ss9pFU
Oct 2021
7:32am, 8 Oct 2021
5,308 posts
  •  
ThorntonRunner
Sorry - still trying to get my head round £580 for a sweatshirt 😲
Oct 2021
7:58am, 8 Oct 2021
23,616 posts
  •  
Dvorak
The offer sadly lacks any piccalilli shinpads.
Oct 2021
8:02am, 8 Oct 2021
50,412 posts
  •  
McGoohan
But may well tickle the laird
Oct 2021
4:07pm, 13 Oct 2021
8,806 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
ENERGYDOTS ARE WELL-BEING PRODUCTS FOR YOU TO WEAR AND PLACE AROUND THE HOME. STUDIES SHOW STRESS REDUCING, ENERGISING & RELAXING EFFECTS.

Each DOT has a magnetic structure which is digitally programmed with an intelligent combination of natural fields designed to support your wellbeing.

Magnets have been used as storage devices for decades – bank cards, video tapes, a computer hard drive are all examples of magnetic storage.

Each DOT stores and radiates particular fields of information. It is the nature of the information that does the work and creates positive change.

The combination of natural fields encoded onto each type of DOT is different. For example the information on a bioDOT is different to the information on an aquaDOT. We use a proprietary digital platform called Programmed Harmonic Interface Technology (P.H.I.T) to encode information onto each DOT.
Oct 2021
4:21pm, 13 Oct 2021
4,609 posts
  •  
FergusG
Energydots have a 4.4/5 Star Rating on Trustpilot.

Trustpilot claim to have "a vision to create an independent currency of trust".

I'd say Truspilots currency is far from trustworthy.

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP

(header last updated 07/01/24)