ebay.co.uk

There are LOADS of them on here :)
Sep 2011
10:00pm, 1 Sep 2011
32,471 posts
  •  
mad4purple
Thanks V.

On phone so eBay isn't as easy to navigate but the one blanket looks lovely. Will come back to that when I'm on the puter again :)
Sep 2011
10:03pm, 1 Sep 2011
1,776 posts
  •  
sallykate
Check out crochetpatterncentral.com for crochet patterns. It's organised in a pretty basic way but has loads of stuff, all links to other sites so some are odd patterns from people's blogs and others are (possibly slightly more reliable) PDFs from yarn sites like lion.
Sep 2011
10:39pm, 1 Sep 2011
17,092 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Nearly done.

I never want to knit with yarn made of plastic again and have a hankering to make something fine and finicky with a really nice yarn now :)
Sep 2011
10:51pm, 1 Sep 2011
5,809 posts
  •  
runner duck
made of plastic? really? sorry it's late and my mother is addling my brain (she has that effect ;)) and i can't think if you're serious or not!

crocheting seems to be huge in the states so i bet there are lots of crochet patters on us sites. although you have to be careful cos they call the stitches different things. they're triple is a double here or something? you probably know that already.

i have a lovely oriental design of bamboo with little birds, i think, but the threads were really rubbish quality so i never made it. but if you want the chart you are very welcome, mik :)

coasters have been deemed more than acceptable for charity stall so they will go into production tomorrow :)

just over halfway to armpit for back of little boy tank top. limited knitting time today preparing for mother's descent!
Sep 2011
11:00pm, 1 Sep 2011
1,779 posts
  •  
sallykate
rd I have a "translation" sheet in my patterns folder with UK and US terms and hook sizes :)
Sep 2011
11:03pm, 1 Sep 2011
17,094 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
They call it "acrylic", RD, but it's essentially plastic. My fingers feel as if I've been running them up and down a blackboard all day.

At least the end product looks OK and should do what it's intended for, which is always a relief when I've winged the design without writing anything down or looking at other people's patterns for inspiration. I may even follow it up with some matching mug-cosies, though I suspect the intended recipient isn't a mug-cosy sort of person!

My next small project may be a pair of vegan-friendly tablemats with the cotton/linen slub yarn I got on eBay. It's slightly musty and I thought about skeining it and putting it through the washing machine, then re-balling it once it was dry. But I think I'll just knit it up and then wash it, because I'm lazy like that ;)
Sep 2011
11:08pm, 1 Sep 2011
8,049 posts
  •  
Meglet
*delurks*

Mik has reminded me about something I made which I still use. My grandmother had a load of old needlework books with various patterns in. One was an oriental dragon which I enlarged and stitched onto a satin dressing gown to make a kimono effect. Did it when I was a student and it still hangs on my bedroom door, though I don't wear it much as it's not as cosy as my fleece dressing gown!

I crocheted a baby cardigan when my first was born, but the sleeve were too long and the body too short!
Sep 2011
12:54am, 2 Sep 2011
9,212 posts
  •  
Mikuro
I have a few crochet books actually but most of the stuff in them is horrible. Same with a lot of those patterns you can get online, just not to my tastes. Which is why I seem to just crochet granny squares when I'm bored. I have an assortment of half made blankets.... ;) I even have a book of granny square patterns but I can't seem to choose which ones I like enough to make and it then involves planning and buying lots of wool.... stick to the cardi for now!

Speaking of books I have, I need to get around to getting the right wool to make these:
amazon.co.uk :)
This is the ladies' website. It's awesome.

needlenoodles.com
Sep 2011
6:20am, 2 Sep 2011
717 posts
  •  
spinkle
Have you been to Ravelry. There's loads on there

About This Thread

Maintained by Helegant
***NEWSFLASH***

Possible tour of the Strictly costume workshops?

Details here: dsi-london.com

The regular "Behind the Seams" tour starts with champagne, lasts about 2 hours and includes lots of crystals and swishy dresses.

DSI London headquarters

The Courtyard

131 Aurelia Road

Croydon

CR0 3BF

If anyone wants to organise a group booking then hand up now please. Groups are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday at 11am or 2pm.

Otherwise we could make individual bookings at £29 each (2pm Saturday or Tuesday)

A thread for those of us who like making 'stuff'.

Recommended yarn/craft shops: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=456

Lists of books/patterns http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=460

Fabric shops - bricks or on-line. fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=556

Article about sewing machines: fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=557