•  
fraggle
I think so RD :-)
Aug 2011
10:49am, 31 Aug 2011
17,070 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
That's exactly what it means, RD. I heart getting that information - it's so sensible and useful, and just wasn't offered a couple of decades ago.
Aug 2011
10:53am, 31 Aug 2011
7,933 posts
  •  
Girlie
Morning all.

RD- yes, the skein/ball usually has the length of yarn on it, so you can work out how many you need.

KK- Knitting definitely rocks- Julia Roberts, Keeley Hawes, Madonna all knit:-)

I started my Angee socks last night in the Mango Tango yarn and very lovely it looks too, the yarn is a red/yellow/orange mix.
Im also hoping to finish my market bag over the next night or 2, and I'm motivating myself to finish the last August square in my mystery blanket, then I can start Septs. The one I'm working on has Swiss darning, which I'm not fond of doing.
Aug 2011
10:58am, 31 Aug 2011
32,460 posts
  •  
mad4purple
Aaah, hiya folks.

Been reading, just not posting.

I liked what sprinkle said about spending £30 a month on yarn to look after mind and the gym membership to look after body. I never thought of it like that, and now I will, so therefore I'll be spending some money on some more DB cashmerino for meeeee :) I don't have gym membership, can I spend double on yarns? LOL
Aug 2011
10:59am, 31 Aug 2011
5,786 posts
  •  
runner duck
that is just fab!! what a good system.

thank you :)

send it to me, girlie, i like doing the swiss embroidery ;)
Aug 2011
11:01am, 31 Aug 2011
7,934 posts
  •  
Girlie
I found this on the web- it made me smile- Julia's reaction is cute:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU2juUJfwp4

I imagine Her stash increased by 50 balls and pairs of needles!
Aug 2011
11:05am, 31 Aug 2011
2,801 posts
  •  
Kittenheels Kath
When I was little my Mum could never understand how I could unravel loads of work, just so I could correct something that was niggling me; she would never do that. I'm sure I can work out where I got to with the cable cardigan, it's just a question of counting rows and patterns, and I heart counting. Will dig out the cardi this weekend and hope the moths haven't found it first.
Aug 2011
11:09am, 31 Aug 2011
32,462 posts
  •  
mad4purple
KK I seem to remember when you go back to a piece of work after a long break if it's been left on the needles to undo a few rows as they will have stretched being on the needles. Maybe you could take it back to an obvious place in the pattern. (sorry if that's info you already know :))
Aug 2011
11:22am, 31 Aug 2011
2,803 posts
  •  
Kittenheels Kath
Not at all, M4P, any help is always very gratefully received! :-)
Aug 2011
11:27am, 31 Aug 2011
17,071 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I don't think my mum ever had to unravel anything - she certainly would never have let ME know that she's made a - shock, horror - mistake ;)

I used to be a bit, "Yeah, yeah, I've turned a cable the wrong way, putting the occasional harmless mistake is my personal quirk." I'm more particular now.

About This Thread

Maintained by Helegant
***NEWSFLASH***

Possible tour of the Strictly costume workshops?

Details here: dsi-london.com

The regular "Behind the Seams" tour starts with champagne, lasts about 2 hours and includes lots of crystals and swishy dresses.

DSI London headquarters

The Courtyard

131 Aurelia Road

Croydon

CR0 3BF

If anyone wants to organise a group booking then hand up now please. Groups are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday at 11am or 2pm.

Otherwise we could make individual bookings at £29 each (2pm Saturday or Tuesday)

A thread for those of us who like making 'stuff'.

Recommended yarn/craft shops: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=456

Lists of books/patterns http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=460

Fabric shops - bricks or on-line. fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=556

Article about sewing machines: fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=557