Knitting, crocheting and general craftery

1 lurker | 169 watchers
Jul 2020
9:03pm, 26 Jul 2020
6,781 posts
  •  
sallykate
My mask pattern is a bit of a hybrid of various ones I’ve seen. As I’m selling through Etsy now I’ve not tried Dhurata’s. The Big Sew one seems to have changed a lot since it was first released.
Jul 2020
9:05pm, 26 Jul 2020
6,782 posts
  •  
sallykate
Last post: my new sewing machine is extraordinarily noisy on the bottom and at one point was chewing up thread dreadfully. May take it back to the shop for a checkup; it certainly doesn’t “purr” in the way that reviews suggested.
Jul 2020
8:45am, 27 Jul 2020
6,783 posts
  •  
sallykate
Could we share favourite fabric stockists in the article? A friend has asked me to try to find some bike fabric and I’m not sure which sites are reliable. I’ve looked at Frumble and Croft Mill without success.
Jul 2020
8:50am, 27 Jul 2020
26,998 posts
  •  
HellsBells
Dalston mill are good
My 2 local fabric shops do online and are excellent , but not cheap - Backstitch at Burwash and Escape and Create in St Ives.
Wool Warehouse have a lot of good prints too
Jul 2020
10:05am, 27 Jul 2020
26,999 posts
  •  
HellsBells
I’ve also bought from Fabrics Galore before with no problems and they have a bicycle print

fabricsgalore.co.uk
Jul 2020
10:11am, 27 Jul 2020
16,266 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Crikey HellsBells, Dalston Mill are literally round the corner from me on Ridley Road market! Almost in the the back garden.
Jul 2020
10:32am, 27 Jul 2020
6,784 posts
  •  
sallykate
HB you absolute star, thank you! Our parkrun RD will be very pleased. Will add links to the article.
Jul 2020
6:29pm, 27 Jul 2020
1,777 posts
  •  
runnyeyes
Thanks for the link Winelegs. I do like a homemade bag.

I’m plodding on with curtains here...and love my walking foot for the long seams. Especially the slippery lining.

Sallykate..that doesn’t sound right? How strange.
Jul 2020
7:59pm, 27 Jul 2020
6,788 posts
  •  
sallykate
I switched the foot speed from low to high and it’s fine now! Will just ignore that setting now.
Jul 2020
8:08pm, 27 Jul 2020
6,789 posts
  •  
sallykate
Curtains can be a pain - I once made six pairs of lined velvet curtains when we moved house, I was 17 I think. The age where you assume anything is possible - I’d think twice now!

About This Thread

Maintained by Helegant
***NEWSFLASH***

Possible tour of the Strictly costume workshops?

Details here: dsi-london.com

The regular "Behind the Seams" tour starts with champagne, lasts about 2 hours and includes lots of crystals and swishy dresses.

DSI London headquarters

The Courtyard

131 Aurelia Road

Croydon

CR0 3BF

If anyone wants to organise a group booking then hand up now please. Groups are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday at 11am or 2pm.

Otherwise we could make individual bookings at £29 each (2pm Saturday or Tuesday)

A thread for those of us who like making 'stuff'.

Recommended yarn/craft shops: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=456

Lists of books/patterns http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=460

Fabric shops - bricks or on-line. fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=556

Article about sewing machines: fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=557