1 lurker | 169 watchers
Jul 2020
7:00pm, 25 Jul 2020
6,823 posts
  •  
Helegant
Popping in!

I've saved some metal strips as well!

A giggle. The needle on my machine had jammed on the left and nothing wotould make it return to the middle. I took it in for a service and received a phone call that started with, "Do you still have the manual?" Yes, it was user error. Doh! Apparently I need to set to straight stich with width 5. Not eactly intuitive, but I must have known once upon a time.

Anyway the machine has been serviced and I'll collect it on Monday.

My gift to my blue-eyed colleague went down very well. I may have posted it here before. ravelry.com
Gus
Jul 2020
7:29pm, 25 Jul 2020
1,698 posts
  •  
Gus
The last masks I made and I shall be making more was done using Tilly and the Buttons how to sew a face mask. I found it works better for me than the more fitted one. Wore one on the bus in and out of Glasgow yesterday and while shopping, with minimal spec misting.
Jul 2020
7:53pm, 25 Jul 2020
1,490 posts
  •  
Silvershadow

Bit of a sewing bee style makeover. Three leftover towels from the Bedford Harriers half.
Jul 2020
7:57pm, 25 Jul 2020
17,142 posts
  •  
Rosehip
That is brilliant :)

much better than my two towels sown together tube!

HB - your masks arrived today, as did the ones from Sallykate - we now have a sufficiency of masks - for the minimal shopping excursions that will need them

I like both patterns, but I don't need to have my glasses long very long whilst wearing one.
Jul 2020
11:22pm, 25 Jul 2020
6,824 posts
  •  
Helegant
Brilliant use of the Harriers towels. I'm now envious.
Jul 2020
7:39am, 26 Jul 2020
2,488 posts
  •  
Drell
Helegant that scarf is lovely!
Jul 2020
2:37pm, 26 Jul 2020
5,380 posts
  •  
Wine Legs
Sewists might like this project bag pattern:
shop.stitchmischief.com

It looks really good!
Gus
Jul 2020
8:44pm, 26 Jul 2020
1,699 posts
  •  
Gus
Thanks WL, looks like a fairly simple project and reminds me of one I had many moons ago that I used so much it went threadbare!
Jul 2020
8:58pm, 26 Jul 2020
6,779 posts
  •  
sallykate
On masks: beware the metal strips, they aren’t very durable and won’t react well to being bent in two (as you might want to do for carrying a mask around, and as I’ve been doing when posting them). I’ll use up the ones I have but am looking at alternatives like florists wire.
Jul 2020
9:01pm, 26 Jul 2020
6,780 posts
  •  
sallykate
Thank you WL, looks great!

About This Thread

Maintained by Helegant
***NEWSFLASH***

Possible tour of the Strictly costume workshops?

Details here: dsi-london.com

The regular "Behind the Seams" tour starts with champagne, lasts about 2 hours and includes lots of crystals and swishy dresses.

DSI London headquarters

The Courtyard

131 Aurelia Road

Croydon

CR0 3BF

If anyone wants to organise a group booking then hand up now please. Groups are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday at 11am or 2pm.

Otherwise we could make individual bookings at £29 each (2pm Saturday or Tuesday)

A thread for those of us who like making 'stuff'.

Recommended yarn/craft shops: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=456

Lists of books/patterns http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=460

Fabric shops - bricks or on-line. fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=556

Article about sewing machines: fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=557