•  
Mandymoo
Yep all of that ^^^^
10 Aug
2:41pm, 10 Aug 2024
23,727 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
It was only converted in 2022 what we (the royal we) have found out is a fuse had gone so now need to source a new fuse to see if that fixes and the inverter had been left on so possibly drawing power? And batteries are knackered despite them saying they are charged.

Having a cup of tea and a cake on the drive we will probably head out later and may stay out of not head back here.
10 Aug
7:05pm, 10 Aug 2024
23,729 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Went out with things to stay over if we found somewhere possible to stay and if the batteries were ok.

We found a carpark that we can stay for the night had a walk picked up fish and chips but the leisure battery isn’t great & my phone charger is knackered as I’m running long tomorrow and OH needs to know where I am we have decided to head back. At least means OH can work on fixing the batteries and we’ve had a lovely few hours at the coast anyway.
10 Aug
7:47pm, 10 Aug 2024
3,991 posts
  •  
cackleberry
Weekend at Hawes. So far so good.

10 Aug
7:54pm, 10 Aug 2024
12,796 posts
  •  
cathrobinson
Nice fairy lights :-)
10 Aug
9:24pm, 10 Aug 2024
23,731 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
That looks fabulous @cackleberry hope you have a great time.
10 Aug
9:29pm, 10 Aug 2024
32,851 posts
  •  
Rosehip
what leisure battery do you have and what are you trying to run from it?

A lead acid leisure battery that has been fully discharged might not be recoverable.
10 Aug
9:30pm, 10 Aug 2024
32,852 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Hawes if lovely, have fun @cackleberry
10 Aug
9:35pm, 10 Aug 2024
23,732 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Hubby had pinpointed the problem to a broken fuse so the solar is putting out 40v but going nowhere. They are in charge. He put the one from the boat on to let us go out but it didn’t stay charged long (it’s here as it’s not well itself) he’ll get the fuse replaced and we’ll see worst case we’ll get 3 new batteries.

Apparently it’s also not set up to charge batteries on 240 plug in so I suspect a full rewire in the future.

Nothing catastrophic but when the batteries were flat when we viewed it hubby & brother noted the isolator switch was off and that’s what the seller’s son came back with and we thought that was all it was. I suspect they knew there was an issue. As long as that’s the worst we’ll survive.
10 Aug
10:28pm, 10 Aug 2024
1,158 posts
  •  
FunkyPOM
I had to replace my van deep cycle battery after it was discharging quicker than normal. Apparently they only last 4-5 years (from memory). I did a like for like swap for ease but lithium is the way to go

About This Thread

Maintained by AntClark
Share the VW (or other) Camper Van love, which Fetchies have Campers? Can't beat a Camper for Race ...