Fetch Camper Vans

3 lurkers | 93 watchers
8 Aug
6:50pm, 8 Aug 2024
27,417 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
That's a nice village. We did the distillery tour one winter when it was free of charge. We got a couple of cute little whisky glasses to taste test our samples.
9 Aug
7:51am, 9 Aug 2024
3,255 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
So that van is gone, however it gives me a good idea what to look for.
9 Aug
7:59am, 9 Aug 2024
12,792 posts
  •  
cathrobinson
That doesn’t surprise me. A one owner 590 in good condition will move fast - they’re a very popular model.
9 Aug
7:59am, 9 Aug 2024
6,185 posts
  •  
Dillthedog
We are at the caravan club site in Warwick. No midges, it’s blowing a bit of a hoolie.
9 Aug
8:03am, 9 Aug 2024
6,186 posts
  •  
Dillthedog
Lots of vans out the @RunningRonnie . And will be more in a few weeks when people have stopped using them. Every van is a compromise, we started with a 6m van, then 8.6m now have a 7m which is great for us. 6 was a little restrictive, and the difference between 6 and 7 in terms of accessing places isn’t noticeable. Little bit extra space makes wet days much more manageable. Good days we sit outside so not an issue
9 Aug
8:06am, 9 Aug 2024
6,097 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Parking in a café car park is a good idea until the delivery lorries arrive.
9 Aug
8:18am, 9 Aug 2024
3,256 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
Thanks @Dillthedog I'm in no rush, as I do have a van that I still like.
9 Aug
8:28am, 9 Aug 2024
23,702 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
We sat in our van last night on the drive. We went in to have a look at what was there work out how things work and were in for over an hour with a glass of wine listening to music. Heading out tomorrow for a little drive and an overnighter. Looking forward to adventures.

I’m sure when the one you’re meant to have will come along at the right time @RunningRonnie good luck.

Enjoy your travels @Ally C & @Dillthedog
9 Aug
8:36am, 9 Aug 2024
6,099 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Now the wind is up & the midges are away I will @geordiegirl

I think our first trip in our own van was a night at Largs marina.

In a hired one was Braemar.
9 Aug
9:11am, 9 Aug 2024
23,706 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Our first hire camper (and only one) was Sydney we were supposed to travel to Cairns but Covid kept us in New South Wales. That was a tad bigger than this.

About This Thread

Maintained by AntClark
Share the VW (or other) Camper Van love, which Fetchies have Campers? Can't beat a Camper for Race ...