Fetch Camper Vans

2 lurkers | 93 watchers
12 Aug
10:08am, 12 Aug 2024
6,137 posts
  •  
Ally-C
If it’s a nice weather forecast. Park in Ullapool and get the ferry over to Stornoway for the day. There’s been Humpbacks in the Minch recently. Always loads of dolphins.

It’s less than £20 return for a foot passenger.
12 Aug
10:19am, 12 Aug 2024
3,267 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie

Durness

Old man of Stoer

Inverewe gardens

Gairloch

kinlochewe

Bealach na ba

Lochcarron
12 Aug
10:36am, 12 Aug 2024
19,535 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
They all look amazing 😁
12 Aug
10:38am, 12 Aug 2024
12,810 posts
  •  
cathrobinson
Scotland heart
12 Aug
1:12pm, 12 Aug 2024
11,242 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
cathrobinson wrote:I’d like to do the NC500 some day - will be interested to hear how you find it.
I’d quite like to do this too but am put off by the reports of how much of an impact the volume of traffic has on the local facilities and environment. I don’t really want to add to the problems.
12 Aug
1:16pm, 12 Aug 2024
3,268 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
It's really not like that when you get there, ER. We had a running joke of "it's a shame this place is so busy" as we stood on deserted beaches by ourselves.

There are hotspots (Durness for example), but you can avoid those if you like.
12 Aug
1:18pm, 12 Aug 2024
6,140 posts
  •  
Ally-C
I was in Ullapool the other week & it was fine, not too busy at all.
12 Aug
1:20pm, 12 Aug 2024
41,525 posts
  •  
halfpint
The biggest bug bears for locals are people not using local businesses (stocking up in big supermarket before leaving etc), causing traffic chaos and leaving mess behind. Just don’t be a dick basically :)
12 Aug
1:22pm, 12 Aug 2024
6,141 posts
  •  
Ally-C
halfpint wrote:The biggest bug bears for locals are people not using local businesses (stocking up in big supermarket before leaving etc), causing traffic chaos and leaving mess behind. Just don’t be a dick basically

We went away for a couple of days there and the fridge was full. If you’re in a camper there’s not much room to store a lot imho. We only ate in the van one night too.
12 Aug
1:23pm, 12 Aug 2024
3,866 posts
  •  
Big_G
I went in what I feared was the height of it after Covid in 2021, and it was fine. It was September mind you so maybe it was quieter then as I’d read of chaos in the school summer holidays of that year. We too had beaches to ourselves and didn’t see any van/motorhome drivers who didn’t know what they were doing (there were reports of people in rented vans, not knowing how to reverse or use the passing places on the roads). We preferred the west and when we go back we’d spend more time in that area.

About This Thread

Maintained by AntClark
Share the VW (or other) Camper Van love, which Fetchies have Campers? Can't beat a Camper for Race ...