EU Referendum - In or Out? Vote here

2 lurkers | 70 watchers
Oct 2016
12:02pm, 21 Oct 2016
5,982 posts
  •  
Jambomo
Are those choices that the UK have the authority to offer though?

Our current position, speech and actions are causing a lot of damage to our image and reputation across Europe. We have to get away from this idea that we can have/ do what we want and the the EU will give us whatever we finally decide we want.
Oct 2016
12:17pm, 21 Oct 2016
198 posts
  •  
fartlek
There's more chance of Jimmy Savile confessing to his crimes than us leaving the EU altogether. It won't happen.
Oct 2016
12:47pm, 21 Oct 2016
17,642 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Given that each and every jackboot-wearing molotov cocktail throwing skinhead makes up the militant wing of Vote Leave, I wouldn't like to risk Brexit not meaning Brexit.

Of course, hearing them, they think Brexit means a shed-load more than it actually means. Because leaving the EU could quite easily mean joining the EEA. And now, I think I'd rather that over remaining simply for the sanity of the country. Get out, join the EEA (if Norway don't scupper that) and campaign to rejoin the EU when we've become less influential on the world stage than Turkey.
Oct 2016
12:53pm, 21 Oct 2016
11,098 posts
  •  
Seratonin
It was interesting watching Question Time last night.
Okay I can see that the people who wanted to leave the EU are upset with the lack of movement viz a viz a withdrawal. But they are they really that naive to think that it is just like deciding to pick up your football and deciding to flounce home?
Oct 2016
5:46pm, 21 Oct 2016
13,947 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
It may not be the most mature thing a politician has ever said, and my reaction may also have been a little juvenile, but I was greatly amused at the suggestion that Brexit negotiation should be conducted in French,
Oct 2016
6:05pm, 21 Oct 2016
10,085 posts
  •  
Chrisull
So today Gary Lineker is traitor to the country? WTF? WTFF? This country has totally lost the plot.

As Tim Farron put it: "after we’d helped to land a flimsy boat of desperate refugees, I was handing out bottles of fresh water.

“And a few yards away was an aid worker from New Zealand, who knew that I was a British politician.

“She looked at me and shouted, ‘stop handing out bottles of water and take some f***ing refugees.’

“Because that is how Britain is seen. Mean and not pulling its weight"
Oct 2016
6:16pm, 21 Oct 2016
1,678 posts
  •  
Cheg
How good are New Zealand at taking refugees?
Oct 2016
6:18pm, 21 Oct 2016
1,679 posts
  •  
Cheg
stuff.co.nz

Not very it would seem.
Oct 2016
7:20pm, 21 Oct 2016
1,083 posts
  •  
Weean
Well, that must make it ok then(!)
Oct 2016
7:57am, 22 Oct 2016
1,756 posts
  •  
Fellrunning
People come out with the Linacre thing and wanting to make supporting remaining in the EU a Treasonable offence. Then they complain about being called Nazis.

Strange times....

About This Thread

Maintained by CStar
Time to cast your vote for Fetchland to be part of the EU or to pull up the drawbridge and simply do...