Coronavirus discussion thread

136 watchers
Aug 2021
9:49am, 2 Aug 2021
42,644 posts
  •  
DocM
My sympathies to those having to isolate, thanks for doing the right thing though.
Aug 2021
3:11pm, 2 Aug 2021
15,296 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
It’s a strange one Mr Grumpy I tested + in November my husband didn’t get it (tested negative)

At different t times

My uncle got it, auntie didnt

Father in law + mother in law didn’t

None of us separated in the house.

Also with a couple of friends one had it the rest of the family didn’t.

One of my cousins her, her husband & eldest got it little one didn’t.

Other cousin daughter got it from school in sept no-one else in family got it. In December my cousin got it her partner & kids didn’t get it. All very strange and like an unlucky dip.
Aug 2021
3:11pm, 2 Aug 2021
15,297 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Hope everyone recovers well.
Aug 2021
3:32pm, 2 Aug 2021
25 posts
  •  
OVERTHELAST
Not everyone exposed will catch it, anyone remember the Diamond Princess in the early days? Only 20% actually caught it despite age, infirmity, shared air conditioning etc and some scientists using that and other scenarios reckon that only 20% (the old 80:20 rule again!) of the population are susceptible, with no logic as to who or why. If it had been norovirus running amok on that cruise ship, a lot more would likely have been ill. Don't ask me for links, something I read ages ago in passing. Twenty percent still translates to a big number mind.
Aug 2021
4:21pm, 2 Aug 2021
3,497 posts
  •  
Tim of Fife
This morning, visited the Mobile Testing Unit today.

It had a staff of five, sitting bored outside.

They got very excited as I approached, but their faces fell when I said I was only there for some LFT tests.

Got an unprompted and very comprehensive lecture on how to use LFT. Went straight over my head, as mind was on a Scottish Brekkie and Coffer.
Aug 2021
4:27pm, 2 Aug 2021
3,498 posts
  •  
Tim of Fife
and how to spell.....
Aug 2021
5:06pm, 2 Aug 2021
15,298 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Looking at the zoe app heat map where it was very dark colours the past few weeks its starting to lighten up now (I know its not fully accurate in line with Gov figures but it shows a trend)
Aug 2021
9:21pm, 2 Aug 2021
3,499 posts
  •  
Tim of Fife
Big ScotGov announcement tomorrow. Fingers crossed that it is positive (no pun intended).

Will be taking my first ever Covid test on Wednesday. Theatre insisting on LFT and partner really looking forward to gig. So, will fall in line.
Aug 2021
10:42pm, 2 Aug 2021
8,146 posts
  •  
sallykate
Tidied my (15 year old) daughter's bedroom today and found a few boxes of LFTs; I wasn't monitoring whether she was doing them or not and it looks like it was mainly not.

The figures remain interesting: cases down, hospitalisations up but deaths not tracking the same trajectory.
Aug 2021
10:50pm, 2 Aug 2021
5,155 posts
  •  
ThorntonRunner
Hospitalisations look to have peaked now - 5943 in hospital on 30th against peak of 6052 on 28th, so hopefully that will continue to come down

About This Thread

Maintained by sallykate
Discussion of coronavirus: share useful information, air your frustrations but play nicely!

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.