Coronavirus discussion thread

1 lurker | 136 watchers
Aug 2021
9:28am, 3 Aug 2021
3,033 posts
  •  
fraggle
Having done many tests myself - and overseen a whole school cohort of 1500 do 3 x tests in March - if you're not gagging or crying you're not doing it properly ;-)
Aug 2021
9:44am, 3 Aug 2021
3,502 posts
  •  
Tim of Fife
I will give my first (and likely last) ever LFT my very best shot.
Aug 2021
9:45am, 3 Aug 2021
15,304 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Tragic isn’t it. My colleagues partner is 24 came out of nursing degree into ICU late 2019 then since been a covid nurse. If the patients they’ve lost recently high majority have not been vaccinated - they all say they wish they’d done it. Some anti-vaxxers, some scared of needles, other like John in the Twitter post thought they’d be ok if they got it.
Aug 2021
9:48am, 3 Aug 2021
20,581 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
I read an article this morning about Gillian McKeith who is suggesting we all have a better diet which will lead to a stronger immune system and protect us against Covid. Sounds sensible !!!!

We are still waiting for my MiLs result from a PCR taken on Sunday. She seems to be OK though so hopefully fine.
Aug 2021
10:00am, 3 Aug 2021
12,430 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
Fingers crossed, Bazoaxe.
Aug 2021
10:21am, 3 Aug 2021
15,306 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Fingers cross Bazo must be very worrying for you.
Aug 2021
10:30am, 3 Aug 2021
20,584 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
Given MiL seems to be OK then we are fairly relaxed about it for the time being. However if she did test positive given she is 88 and pretty frail with a number of underlying health conditions then I would be worried.
Aug 2021
10:45am, 3 Aug 2021
15,831 posts
  •  
MarkyMarkMark (3M)
Bazo, Given the apparent randomness of some Covid infections being completely asymptomatic and others being quite mild, it's not an automatic "doomed" scenario. I hope that turns out well for her.
Aug 2021
11:29am, 3 Aug 2021
20,585 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
On a separate note and much less important but ticketing for sporting events is quite frustrating and last minute.

I am one of c10k season ticket holders at Hibs and we have a home european tie on Thursday. We dont have confirmation of how many people are allowed to attend but we were allowed 4700 10 days ago. A ballot has been arranged and we are still waiting to hear who has been succesful and how many will be able to buy tickets. We then have a home league game on Sunday when some of the 10k people who have paid for a season ticket quite possible wont get to go, but we just dont know

It all seems to be left to the last minute and I guess we are waiting to see what Sturgeon says this afternoon about restrictions being lifted.
Aug 2021
11:32am, 3 Aug 2021
39,408 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Gosh, what a tragic story fuzzyduck. Thanks for sharing (I don't do the twotter thing so don't see stuff like that). RIP healthy, Welsh mountain climbing John and condolences to his mum and dad, sister, wife and 19 year old daughter.

About This Thread

Maintained by sallykate
Discussion of coronavirus: share useful information, air your frustrations but play nicely!

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.