Coronavirus discussion thread

136 watchers
Aug 2021
12:13pm, 1 Aug 2021
2,285 posts
  •  
Grast_girl
If she tests positive. If she's just self-isolating, I think they'd just carry on as normal.
Aug 2021
12:20pm, 1 Aug 2021
4,795 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
Tim - I'd say it was relevant as your comment was that those of us continuing to mask wear etc were in the minority. I don't know anyone who wears a mask outdoors.

I'd expect them to just increase their PPE Baz but if care visits are fifteen minutes maximum I'd doubt your MiL was face to face less than 1m from the carer for that long so hopefully nothing to worry about.
Aug 2021
12:21pm, 1 Aug 2021
20,563 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
I really don’t know what to do. MiL not able to care for herself and so negative or positive someone needs to be in to Feed her. Wash her. Ensure medication taken and do basic chores like dishes and washing.
Aug 2021
12:22pm, 1 Aug 2021
4,797 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
Are the carers not going to continue as normal Baz?
Aug 2021
12:23pm, 1 Aug 2021
20,565 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
I think they will continue. Not sure what would happen if she tests positive though.
Aug 2021
1:02pm, 1 Aug 2021
4,798 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
They should continue with additional PPE I'd have thought Baz.
Aug 2021
1:31pm, 1 Aug 2021
20,566 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
Yes it seems they are. What’s more worrying is the carer tested positive on Friday but due to regulations they were not allowed to tell us until today.

There has been minimal contact in that period which is lucky. She was in bed asleep when my wife and the cleaner were in yesterday. but we could have had her out at a cafe yesterday.
Aug 2021
1:36pm, 1 Aug 2021
53,592 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
That does seem a strange one. You would think contacts would need to know as soon as possible.
Aug 2021
7:43pm, 1 Aug 2021
17 posts
  •  
Mr. Grumpy
I tested positive on a LFT ten days ago, and have spent most of the time since laid up with a fever and banging headache. I managed to get through my first day yesterday without any Paracetamol for pain relief/temperature control.
The only place that I can think of that I caught it is the supermarket, as I haven’t been into any other indoor environments at all. What I find really strange though is that Mrs. G and the kids are fine even though we’ve all been cooped up together in the house for the last ten days together.
Aug 2021
7:48pm, 1 Aug 2021
12,416 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
I share a flat with my brother. He was picked to do the daily test scheme and all his tests have come back negative so far. It's useful as it means he's allowed out so he can top up the stuff we've run out of. I'm down to my last apple! apple ;-)

About This Thread

Maintained by sallykate
Discussion of coronavirus: share useful information, air your frustrations but play nicely!

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.