•  
MarkyMarkMark (3M)
:-) Yep, sounds like that!
Jul 2021
11:00am, 27 Jul 2021
21,143 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Thinking about my personal risk assessment last weekend, I made a point of masking up in toilets.

Generally, in modern public buildings such as shopping centres and similar attractions, toilets are hidden at the back of the building, usually down an unventilated corridor, and with no fresh air ventilation once you're there, and then hot air from the hand dryers sort of mixing the air up a little bit more, heating it up and sending it all back upwards.
Jul 2021
11:02am, 27 Jul 2021
21,920 posts
  •  
Rosehip
I suppose it’s feasible…
They do test waste water for virus (residues?).

I’m torn with the under 18s, whilst it is unlikely that there would be a long term effect of the vaccine that only time will show, if there were to be one, it would potentially be youngsters that sufferred.

The benefit risk ratio is less cut and dried the younger you are
Jul 2021
11:02am, 27 Jul 2021
3,310 posts
  •  
TomahawkMike
Deegee, perfectly sensible..
Jul 2021
11:41am, 27 Jul 2021
407 posts
  •  
fuzzyduck79
This is quite a balanced discussion of vaccination in the under 18s, including the potential side effects:

absolutelymaybe.plos.org
Jul 2021
1:06pm, 27 Jul 2021
9,600 posts
  •  
Gymfreak
So sorry yours came back positive LN, I hope you are not feeling too bad

Mine was thankfully negative although god knows what I have had as it has felt very like COVID! Still have a horrible cough and although my temperature is now fine my chest hurts too much to exercise and I am annoying myself by coughing never mind anyone else! But never mind I am still free of COVID.

Pleased to see the numbers dropping this week, seems to be that the schools make such a difference
Jul 2021
1:16pm, 27 Jul 2021
21,924 posts
  •  
Rosehip
I just popped to Sainsbury’s, last Thursday they still had one way system and screens up. Today they had gone.
I shan’t go back for a while, it’s not so much that the systems made anything safer, more that they showed intent.
Now it looks like “it’s all over” adding to the general free for all attitude.
I registered my disappointment- apparently I wasn’t the first.
Most customers still masked, but can’t see that continuing
Jul 2021
1:29pm, 27 Jul 2021
8,103 posts
  •  
sallykate
I haven't seen a supermarket with a one way system for ages, but they do all still have screens round here (Lewisham) and a request to wear a mask.

On public transport in London masks are supposed to be mandatory but compliance varies massively and it isn't enforced at all.
Jul 2021
2:15pm, 27 Jul 2021
4,804 posts
  •  
run free
I have found shopping late at night at the supermarket is the best time to go. Much less people and no queuing

About This Thread

Maintained by sallykate
Discussion of coronavirus: share useful information, air your frustrations but play nicely!

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.