Coronavirus discussion thread

1 lurker | 136 watchers
Jul 2021
1:17pm, 26 Jul 2021
53,373 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Our mobile testing centres are really busy.
Jul 2021
1:23pm, 26 Jul 2021
3,481 posts
  •  
Tim of Fife
The Community Centre Cafe next to the Mobile Testing Centre is busy lol
Jul 2021
1:26pm, 26 Jul 2021
21,903 posts
  •  
Rosehip
(I thought Japanese from the language and their love of Beatrix Potter, could have been Korean, sorry was naughty to assume)
jda
Jul 2021
1:45pm, 26 Jul 2021
10,552 posts
  •  
jda
Yes, with Beatrix Potter you are probably right. They have a few funny cultural fixations, eg also Jane Austen.

AIUI Japan is allowing travel to/from the UK, with a quarantine on return.
Jul 2021
1:47pm, 26 Jul 2021
3,482 posts
  •  
Tim of Fife
Scotland's case numbers continue to fall. Maybe in because schools have been on holiday. Maybe due to an early exit from the Euros. But who cares. Direction of travel is good. But no Parkrun
Jul 2021
1:53pm, 26 Jul 2021
21,141 posts
  •  
DeeGee
I used to organise tours for Japanese coach parties. Got to know almost everyone with a minibus within a short drive of Hawkshead, because you can't get a full size bus up to Near Sawrey for a visit to Hill Top.

There were certain places that they absolutely had to visit on any itinerary to the UK, regardless of the length.

I was also informed by a publican in London that they have to order in huge amounts of extra tartare sauce when the Japanese are on their way, because they all have to eat fish and chips, but they don't actually like it (too dry, apparently)
Jul 2021
2:20pm, 26 Jul 2021
5,216 posts
  •  
icemaiden
Plenty of people of a far eastern cast of features in Bicester Village last Saturday.
Jul 2021
2:27pm, 26 Jul 2021
12,355 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
Went through the track and trace form online, it's really involved. Also very difficult to remember exactly where I had been. I'm sure it's not a coincidence that a colleague who was in the office with me got pinged shortly after.

Managed to get an online shopping slot for Wednesday morning so we'll have food and essentials, eg cat food! :-)
Jul 2021
2:39pm, 26 Jul 2021
4,778 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
Sorry to hear that you are positive LN. I hope that you don't get ill. Thank you for doing the right thing.
Jul 2021
2:50pm, 26 Jul 2021
1,029 posts
  •  
Jubear
LN, MrJB who has pretty bad asthma, tested positive last Saturday week, and he had about 36 hours feeling proper rough with flu symptoms/ fever/ rattly chest before starting a steady improvement. A few days later it's like he's just seeing off a bad cold, hoping your experience will be no tougher.
I feel it might have been much worse if he hadn't had both jabs!
Registering the result on T&T made him cross enough to perk right up: maybe that's the intention...
I had a neg PCR yesterday and my 10 days are up at midnight, so back to work I go

About This Thread

Maintained by sallykate
Discussion of coronavirus: share useful information, air your frustrations but play nicely!

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.