Coronavirus discussion thread

5 lurkers | 136 watchers
Jul 2021
11:20am, 25 Jul 2021
13,608 posts
  •  
Ultracat
LN my son and daughter-in-law used deliveroo when they had to isolate for 10 day when daughter-in-law tested positive, she had only minor symptoms. They deliver from coop etc. Son tested negative on PCR and his daily lateral flow tests, he had been doubled vaccinated. Daughter-in-law will need to wait for her second vaccine.
Jul 2021
12:21pm, 25 Jul 2021
12,347 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
I'm confused now as I've not been notified by Track&Trace but just got the info from work. Do I need to do the full 10 days from when I found out or if my tests come back negative am I good to go back out again? I'm a key worker and I know work will want me back in the office.
Jul 2021
1:08pm, 25 Jul 2021
42,586 posts
  •  
DocM
i understand it is 10 days from the start of symptoms if you are positive.
Jul 2021
2:22pm, 25 Jul 2021
39,314 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Sorry Tim. Was a long day. I respect your opinik too and actually it's lovely to hear people being optimistic. :-) G
Jul 2021
4:30pm, 25 Jul 2021
237 posts
  •  
kaysdee
Nemo - are you a close contact? I wouldn’t rely on track & trace. If you’re a close contact, you’ll need to do the 10 days of isolation regardless of if you test negative. If you’re not a close contact, technically you’re free if you get a negative PCR test, but I (personally) would wfh if I felt unwell.
Jul 2021
5:04pm, 25 Jul 2021
12,348 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
That's why I'm confused. I was in the same office as the positive case for several hours without masks. But I guess it's possible that Track&Trace won't contact me if the contact hasn't passed on my details. Work's attitude was that I just need to test negative. I'm definitely wfh tomorrow and I haven't left the house since I found out apart from to post my PCR test back.

I'll talk to my manager tomorrow and see what the guidance is. I won't feel comfortable being around other people if there's a chance I could be passing it on. Problem is we're ridiculously short staffed and I'm one of the few people who regularly goes in. I'm sure there'll be a lot of pressure to go back in as there is a lot of our work that can't be done remotely.
Jul 2021
5:15pm, 25 Jul 2021
238 posts
  •  
kaysdee
It is difficult. My office would have the same opinion in that if there was a positive case from someone sitting 2.5m away, even if we were there for 8 hours, that I wouldn’t need to isolate, but my gut instinct would be that I should.

Had my first experience of shopping since Monday. Masks still a majority.

Does anyone know anything of the 12-16 yr old’s able to be vaccinated due to living with a vulnerable person? I read some reports that said vulnerable “people” and others that said vulnerable “adults”. S17 isn’t 18 until November. I went through the online booking system for D16, but it says she isn’t eligible. Will she need to ring her GP? Is that where they get the eligibility lists from? S14 is also keen.
Jul 2021
5:29pm, 25 Jul 2021
53,570 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I sympathise with the confusing suckiness of COVID contact limbo, LN. I get out tomorrow. Or maybe Tuesday, depending on when I should be counting from.
Jul 2021
5:48pm, 25 Jul 2021
15,249 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
My company is the opposite they would want us all in the room to isolate we’ve even had one person sacked as they knowingly came to work with symptoms they are so risk averse and despite that we’ve still had 2 significant outbreaks at the site I work at
Jul 2021
6:34am, 26 Jul 2021
4,777 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
kaysdee - I think your GP would be the quickest route.

About This Thread

Maintained by sallykate
Discussion of coronavirus: share useful information, air your frustrations but play nicely!

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.