Coronavirus discussion thread

1 lurker | 136 watchers
Jul 2021
8:03am, 24 Jul 2021
39,308 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Surely wearing masks in some places and regular testing to pick up infections and not going out if you've got it, but with everything open IS living with it?

Hoping numbers going down. :-) G
Jul 2021
9:05am, 24 Jul 2021
3,474 posts
  •  
Tim of Fife
The UK has lived with classic influenza for decades without face masks, apps, track and trace in hospitality, testing and self-isolation.

The population know this. So, over time, I think they will become apathetic towards ongoing restrictions.
Jul 2021
9:37am, 24 Jul 2021
12,340 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
I like to think that in roles that can be done from home it would be the new normal to wfh when you're ill rather than go in and give your cold to everyone else.
Jul 2021
9:46am, 24 Jul 2021
20,493 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
We had MiL out at a hospital appt yesterday and getting her to wear a mask wasnt easy. She thinks after being doubled jagged she is invincible. She doesnt hear well and when she cant hear she takes her mask off
Jul 2021
10:05am, 24 Jul 2021
763 posts
  •  
forest plodder
Bazo, we are amused at ourselves when we turn the volume up on Scandi TV series, when we are reading the subtitles anyway 😂
Jul 2021
3:08pm, 24 Jul 2021
3,475 posts
  •  
Tim of Fife
In cafe, watched masked waitress put our food order on a tray. She brought it over, but told us we had to take it off the tray onto our table. She held the tray, waited til we'd cleared it and then took the tray away. Crazy.
Jul 2021
3:13pm, 24 Jul 2021
3,476 posts
  •  
Tim of Fife
On a serious note though, it just isn't tenable to continue having hundreds of thousands of people's lives and livelihoods disrupted by pinging, testing and isolating.

The one thing that I have always thought sensible was to work from home if possible if you've any lurgie.
Jul 2021
4:10pm, 24 Jul 2021
25,483 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
It isn't over till it's over. Left unchecked, Covid could have killed half a million people. It's okay saying we can't go on like this but that rather depends on the virus, doesn't it?
Jul 2021
4:39pm, 24 Jul 2021
39,309 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Tim, think we've discussed that one before. It's not about touching, it's about leaving in. Very sensible to avoid. Imho. :-) G
Jul 2021
7:57pm, 24 Jul 2021
3,477 posts
  •  
Tim of Fife
I have great, great respect for all of you and your views. Genuinely.

But I am so, so glad that I don't lead a life involving worrying about any symptom, testing, app pings, etc, etc.

Rather, life here pretty normal for us and our neighbours.

We mask on trains, in shops, and when moving about in hospitality - and happy to do so.

But that's about it, other than some cafes asking for a name and number.

About This Thread

Maintained by sallykate
Discussion of coronavirus: share useful information, air your frustrations but play nicely!

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.