Coronavirus discussion thread

1 lurker | 136 watchers
Jul 2021
8:49pm, 24 Jul 2021
6,191 posts
  •  
Metro_Nome
You’re fortunate indeed, and I hope that neither you or any of your loved ones experience anything to change that
Jul 2021
9:54pm, 24 Jul 2021
9,598 posts
  •  
Gymfreak
Hello, I have a full house of COVID symptoms other than loss of taste. I’ve got a PCR booked in the morning. LFT is negative though, so anyone know if PCR likely to be negative also- how well do the LFTs work? (I’ll do it of course to be on safe side)
Jul 2021
10:53pm, 24 Jul 2021
48,645 posts
  •  
LindsD
LFT false negs are quite common. Hope your PCR is neg though
Jul 2021
11:01pm, 24 Jul 2021
53,344 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
LFT’s are sometimes so unreliable. Here’s hoping for a neg PCR
Jul 2021
11:04pm, 24 Jul 2021
401 posts
  •  
fuzzyduck79
Loss of taste/smell has dropped well down the list of symptoms since Delta arrived. Hope PCR comes back negative and you feel better soon.

Saw an interesting post on Reddit where someone infected had posted their LFT tests over 7 days, and you could see the test line appear faintly on day 1, then by day 3 it was very clear, then by day 6 it had faded, day 7 clear
Jul 2021
11:10pm, 24 Jul 2021
39,312 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Tim, flu has been with us for 100 years, it's well understood and I won't get a severe respiratory condition (like AndyS) which could debilitate me long term from flu. So excuse me if I keep protecting myself and my family and hoping the governments continue to mandate sensible precautions until this disease has a cure or comprehensive vaccination in place.

I don't live in fear. I live in hope. :-) G
Jul 2021
8:43am, 25 Jul 2021
15,245 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
My neighbour also had majority of covid symptoms LFT negative had PCR and also negative she has been really poorly and still not too well 2 weeks on.

Hope you’re soon better GF
Jul 2021
10:22am, 25 Jul 2021
9,599 posts
  •  
Gymfreak
I feel better today than yesterday at least when I thought I might not make it through the day 🤦‍♀️ Hopefully negative but as I work in a pub (no masks now) I definitely need to have a negative PCR before going back in tomorrow and wiping out the rest of the staff/customers. Missing a social event tonight I was desperate to go to but it would be irresponsible to attend 😭

Was surprised how little PPE the people working at the test centre had, just the throwaway masks, please tell me people working with COVID patients still have more than this?!
Jul 2021
10:40am, 25 Jul 2021
12,345 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
Probably some hypochondria on my part but I started coughing yesterday so I've got a PCR test arriving today. Annoyingly I've run low on loads of stuff so my meals are getting a bit random! ;-)
Jul 2021
10:44am, 25 Jul 2021
3,478 posts
  •  
Tim of Fife
HappyG(rrr)

You must do as you believe is best for you and yours. I utterly respect your viewpoint.

Tim

About This Thread

Maintained by sallykate
Discussion of coronavirus: share useful information, air your frustrations but play nicely!

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.