Conquercise

3 lurkers | 218 watchers
Aug 2022
2:34pm, 27 Aug 2022
20,228 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Just idly wondering (not doing any cycling myself): do virtual bike rides count? I mean they shouldn't should they?
Aug 2022
2:36pm, 27 Aug 2022
56,560 posts
  •  
LindsD
They don't
MsG
Aug 2022
3:46pm, 27 Aug 2022
2,155 posts
  •  
MsG
Well, they don't if fetch has trained the 'bean counter' to ignore that particular format of virtual activity. As not all types have been sent in to facilitate exclusion, this means there can be people high up on the leaderboard who aren't actually visiting those areas.
Aug 2022
4:24pm, 27 Aug 2022
20,229 posts
  •  
Sharkie
MsG - Well I'm not about to call anyone out ;-) I never trouble any leaderboards, I was just idling around the top contenders and hmmmm your post makes sense. Let's leave it at that!
Aug 2022
5:01pm, 27 Aug 2022
59,511 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
As things stand you can, if so inclined, grow a huge lawn without leaving your sofa.
#beeinbonnet
Aug 2022
6:01pm, 27 Aug 2022
2,279 posts
  •  
MudMeanderer
I guess it slightly depends upon how you record and upload virtual rides, if at all. In my case, I record indoor rides on both Zwift and also my Garmin head unit, because I want the Garmin/FirstBeat stuff to be vaguely meaningful. Only the latter comes through to Fetch, and will add some faux distance (though not associated with a specific geographic space), and real time.

I practice it's a bit academic in my case, as except for the depths of winter, I don't spend much time on the turbo. And frankly I don't care if it's included or not - it's still time training, and doing any significant duration on the turbo can be rather mind numbing. I'll willfully do 4hrs+ on the bike, but that time on the turbo would need serious mental strength.
Aug 2022
12:22am, 28 Aug 2022
9,629 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
It was a bit obvious during Covid lockdowns who was still getting around the world. But it's more environmentally friendly than my travels so I'm not in a position to complain!
Aug 2022
12:27am, 28 Aug 2022
92,334 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I have always struggled even with non "virtual" static mileage on a turbo trainer too. This was before Zwift and the like. They aren't actual miles...
Aug 2022
7:05am, 28 Aug 2022
8,455 posts
  •  
Dave W
Have to disagree, H. If you've seen my clothes dripping with sweat after a "virtual" ride on my Wattbike, you'd know that I'd put some miles in. My Wattbike measures the distance "travelled" more accurately than my Garmin. Same as distance run on a treadmill still counts as distance, IMHO.

But in no way should a "virtual" ride be transferable to Conquercise. If you don't physically visit a "square" then you don't get the score.
Aug 2022
8:25am, 28 Aug 2022
15,318 posts
  •  
IT GRANNY 🇮🇸
I'm with Dave. I don't think it should count for games based on visiting places but they are definitely miles of training. I rarely bike or run in the gym but that means 6 months of zero cycling because it is not possible to bike outside. This might be why I am a bit crap at cycling. But chugging round on a turbo should count for, e.g., castle challengs which are virtual by design.

About This Thread

Maintained by SPKoF
Come for a play:

fetcheveryone.com/game-conq.php

Here's a little explainer video. Just 90 seconds long. Please share it if you can.

https://youtu.be/Srig7-pl6pQ

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.