Conquercise

2 lurkers | 218 watchers
Sep 2022
8:45am, 4 Sep 2022
2,287 posts
  •  
MudMeanderer
And presumably everyone else stops their Garmin when their cycling downhill as that isnโ€™t actually training right?

I'm assuming you're being facetious, but if not, downhills can be really good training. They're good for handling practice, but also for cadence work - it can be challenging to smoothly hold a high cadence at low resistance, and straight downhills can be a good opportunity to focus on this.
Sep 2022
9:13am, 4 Sep 2022
92,534 posts
  •  
Hanneke
As MM says: really important! Good descenders become King of the Mountains...
Sep 2022
9:15am, 4 Sep 2022
15,348 posts
  •  
IT GRANNY ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ธ
I'm terrible at descends becauase falling

off hurts and I'm usually a bit smaller than the other girls and have a significany weight disadvantage. But I'm crap at ascents too.
Sep 2022
9:20am, 4 Sep 2022
17,226 posts
  •  
NDWDave
I used to race Downhill MTB at uni and that is a pretty decent workout for the entire body

But interesting to see everyone jumping in to defend riding downhill as training : )
Sep 2022
9:29am, 4 Sep 2022
15,351 posts
  •  
IT GRANNY ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ธ
Not sure what I was defending because my typing was so bad.
Sep 2022
9:32am, 4 Sep 2022
17,227 posts
  •  
NDWDave

Last weekend was a pretty good conquersize one for me. I had a half loop from a 2019 DNF and now have a very satisfying complete circumnavigation
Sep 2022
10:12am, 4 Sep 2022
40,170 posts
  •  
Night-owl
I looked at the fetchpoint map and the flowers you planted wondering what the odds were of them getting picked

Different thread I know
MsG
Sep 2022
10:15am, 4 Sep 2022
2,158 posts
  •  
MsG
The key point here is more than Conquercise is based on actually visiting the zones - In Real Life.

Whether you're walking, swimming, cycling (uphill/downhill etc), it's activity in the geographical location.

Activity carried out on indoor trainer or treadmill is still that but you haven't left your garage/shed/conservatory so have definitely not been in the zone. No one as far as I've seen was disputing the form of exercise, it's the fact zones are being 'explored' by going a few metres from a sofa to do it.
Sep 2022
10:16am, 4 Sep 2022
92,536 posts
  •  
Hanneke
That: vvv

Activity carried out on indoor trainer or treadmill is still that but you haven't left your garage/shed/conservatory so have definitely not been in the zone. No one as far as I've seen was disputing the form of exercise, it's the fact zones are being 'explored' by going a few metres from a sofa to do it
Sep 2022
10:17am, 4 Sep 2022
17,228 posts
  •  
NDWDave
Fairly low I reckon Owlie but it is a popular hiking trail so might get a fetchie doing a September Tour Mont Blanc hike

About This Thread

Maintained by SPKoF
Come for a play:

fetcheveryone.com/game-conq.php

Here's a little explainer video. Just 90 seconds long. Please share it if you can.

https://youtu.be/Srig7-pl6pQ

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.