EvilPixie
ouch boulders :-(

Thanks guys for all the help really appreciated
May 2008
9:25am, 20 May 2008
3,289 posts
  •  
jude
poor you boulders that's crap. (((((((((boulders)))))))))
once you've cycled, driving takes on a new complexion. Check that bike and ice your elbow/take ib xxx
May 2008
10:58pm, 21 May 2008
100 posts
  •  
boulders
thanks for all the sympathy guys - its appreciated.. Funny thing its only today that the full extent of the "fall" has taken effect. Bl**dy hip is aching. Got a 15 mile run/ 18 mile bike combo race job on Sunday. Can't let the lads down but I know I will let myself down. Times are out the window. LBS gave the bike the all clear so at least I can use The Rocket.

I agree Jude cyclists make the best drivers. What bugs me is that I pay a full road tax but choose to save myself and the planet by cycling yet I get slagged off by fat people in mechanical chariots! never mind i don't want to start that old debate again. Happy cycling.
rhb
May 2008
11:15pm, 21 May 2008
205 posts
  •  
rhb
skinny people drive mechanical chariots too.

I'm also a sh!t driver (although bike aware) so explain that one away.

Now the pains are showing themselves I hope you've been to the quacks and that you did get the guys insurance details + the focus guys contact details as a witness.
May 2008
11:13am, 22 May 2008
1,432 posts
  •  
Loon Dod
Question for you bike bods.
I have an ok road bike no real reason to buy a new one.
I have an ok MTB no real reason to buy a new one.

We are about to do the cycle to work scheme so would be daft not to take advantage.

Now I go away every other weekend running but take bike with me for popping around route/course or sight seeing or just going from camp site to shops, sometimes I take road bike sometimes I take MTB.

So was looking through options and was wondering about the Specialized Tricross Sport at £699.95

Now bearing in mind I only ever do the odd dualathon road or trail and dont do out and out road racing or down hill crazy MTB rideing what is this option really like.

Will it feel very clunky slow on the road, will it feel stable safe on the trails.

We are doing the deals with Edinburgh Bicycle coop but its not on their web site but heres a link to the spec.

devercycles.co.uk
May 2008
11:16am, 22 May 2008
1,273 posts
  •  
GregP
Oooh. I've no idea. Interesting, though. Hanneke?
May 2008
11:20am, 22 May 2008
291 posts
  •  
Kwaka
<pops in>sees this is all about push bikes<pops out>
May 2008
11:20am, 22 May 2008
292 posts
  •  
Kwaka
pops out again
May 2008
11:27am, 22 May 2008
1,274 posts
  •  
GregP
"Push bikes". Love that. My dad, aged 81, still talks about the "wireless", or in his odder moments, the "steam radio".
May 2008
11:48am, 22 May 2008
34,749 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Hmmm, I can't help on the cyclo-x bikes... yet... but Pilot Light will be able to help, he will no doubt pop in at some stage...

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP