Baking thread

1 lurker | 98 watchers
Nov 2012
9:36pm, 27 Nov 2012
3,165 posts
  •  
Wine Legs
My blog from 14 Dec 2010 has a recipe for mini Christmas pud chocolate truffles. They're delish... I shall be making some in the next week or two.
Nov 2012
9:38pm, 27 Nov 2012
3,512 posts
  •  
icemaiden
if you're looking for a recipe book take a look at this wp.me - a shameless plug for a charity book that's got lots of great sounding cakes in them. Thank you. cake
Nov 2012
10:12pm, 27 Nov 2012
7,930 posts
  •  
Hourglass of Mulled Wine
Hi Lilliacha :-) ...pleased they went well - I had to endure concrete ones before I found that recipe :-) ...I sometimes cover mine in chocolate too - for extra energy you understand ;-)
Nov 2012
7:27pm, 28 Nov 2012
13,762 posts
  •  
halfpint
OMG so many good ideas. I'm now thinking a mini hamper with a selection of homemade stuff. So far I'm thinking ginger and clementine relish (was that it), biscotti, christmas pud truffles, maybe shortbread, perhaps lemon curd, possibly rocky road....

....oh bugger I'll be baking for days and spending a fortune. It all sounds lush!!!
Nov 2012
8:02pm, 28 Nov 2012
8,077 posts
  •  
Liliaicha
Spending a fortune?? Errrr......weren't you supposed to be having a frugal Christmas?

Pear and apricot flapjacks went down well today :) Customers enjoying the fact that my flapjacks are not like fruited breeze blocks!

I may have made a rod for my own back, as I'm now going to have to make some more tomorrow! I don't *do* baking!! I'm a chef for god's sake!!
Nov 2012
8:07pm, 28 Nov 2012
13,764 posts
  •  
halfpint
Yes frugal was the idea. I will rein myself in and pick a few key items. I'm think hamper for folks, one for sis and BIL and one for grandad. Sorted!!!

Those flapjacks sound delish. I do ultra flapjacks which involve lots of nuts, seeds and some dried fruit. They are delish but expensive for me to make.
Nov 2012
9:00pm, 28 Nov 2012
8,078 posts
  •  
Liliaicha
Nuts, seeds and dried fruit are all very expensive!

I ordered a 3kg bag of mixed fruit com my supplier and it was £23!! Luckily she gave me a discount, and knocked it down to £12 for me, otherwise my boss would have been furious! I got some pumpkin and sunflower seeds to put in tomorrow. I may even get the inclination to make some at home :-)

Hampers sound fab! If I *did* Christmas, then I think they would make fab presents. So many people can't/don't bake these days, that even a few simple homemade things go down really well. I made a ton of apple crumble today, and there was almost a stampede!
Dec 2012
6:59am, 2 Dec 2012
13,799 posts
  •  
elfpint
SherryB - could you share your recipe for ginger & clementine relish please.

I think I have the hamper down to biscotti, christmas pudd truffles (thanks WL) and the relish. Maybe something else as well but undecided.
Dec 2012
6:30pm, 3 Dec 2012
3,515 posts
  •  
icemaiden
What a price Liliaicha - what was in that mix? Regular dried fruit is less than £3 a kg in supermarkets.

A victory snatched from the jaws of defeat involving flapjacks wp.me
Dec 2012
6:41pm, 3 Dec 2012
8,105 posts
  •  
Liliaicha
Icemaiden - it was apple, pear, apricot and prune. No sultanas or raisins, hence the extortionate price! I only use 200g per batch of 16 flapjacks, so hopefully my profit margins will be ok :)

About This Thread

Maintained by LindsD
Can't find one, so I thought I would start one, to share ideas, results and recipes....and the all-important pictures.

Recipes we like: cakes

fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=552

Recipes we like: bread

fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=553

Recipes we like: savoury snacks

fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=554

Recipes we like: biscuits

fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=555