1000 miles in 2024

5 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
Jul 2023
11:57am, 19 Jul 2023
9,452 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
No wonder you're so fit and quick hillstrider, always doing the good training sessions.
That's good to read Looby Loo.
I had considered an extra run today but despite being in bed early I didn't get to sleep very quickly consequently I was late up and then couldn't be bothered.
Jul 2023
11:58am, 19 Jul 2023
6,169 posts
  •  
steve45
Phew to that 800x5 session hs! Great workout, way beyond me!
More miles and good sessions too LL, hilly routes are more than useful!
Curry and beers. Now you're talking Mrsb 😊
A poor run/walk this morning, too tired after being woken up by our cats at 4.30am☹️
Jul 2023
1:58pm, 19 Jul 2023
11,997 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks LL and well done for your fartlek session.

Thanks FF, I've endeavoured to maintain structured training throughout my running career.

Thanks Steve, running and training with much younger runners does give me the incentive to keep up my efforts, albeit, slower over the years.

Well done for getting out whilst not really feeling like it.
Jul 2023
10:49pm, 19 Jul 2023
4,204 posts
  •  
Mrsbridgewater
Hash run set up was great fun! Took us 6,5 miles to set it up and as we got back to the start before the rest set off I decided to run the route again. I waited at the decision points this time so it was only 4.5miles second time!
Jul 2023
11:05am, 20 Jul 2023
12,003 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done MrsB.

A steady pace recovery run on roads this morning of 4.27 miles, but pushing on the hills.
Jul 2023
11:56am, 20 Jul 2023
3,525 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Well done HS and Mrs b

A mere 3 today but felt tired. I’ve been trying to lose some extra pounds gained and that’s not helping when I run in the morning.
Jul 2023
1:56pm, 20 Jul 2023
12,008 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks LL. Well done for running whilst tired, but don't push yourself too hard, until you are feeling better.
Jul 2023
2:26pm, 20 Jul 2023
3,302 posts
  •  
Lesley C
5 miles for me today, it was warm. I included a timed mile, it was faster than I thought it would be.

I did an easy run on Tuesday, it rained near the end. Fed up of this weather now.

You are doing some good sessions HS, no wonder you are doing so well.

Good going Steve, even with an early wake up call.

Good miles there Mrs B, hope you enjoyed your post run beers and curry.

Good running FF and LL. Losing weight is hard, you need the calories to run well.
Jul 2023
2:57pm, 20 Jul 2023
9,460 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Thanks Lesley and well done to you for your virtual mile.

Well done Steve for still getting out and hillstrider for your great training regime.

Your run drinks and curry sounds great especially with like minded people Mrsb.

You're doing well LL, keep doing what you do and I'm sure you'll get your reward.

Another poor nights sleep and no run today because I went with my wife for moral support while she sorted something she was unhappy with.
Jul 2023
9:01pm, 20 Jul 2023
20,737 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Hi all sorry for being awol I’ve had a week and a half this week.

Firstly thank you for the anniversary wishes. We had a brilliant evening despite the weather - eternally grateful for the tent and gazebos, high wind forecast for the Sunday mean we took gazebos down before bed and packed the chairs safely away.

I didn’t get chance to run Friday Saturday or Sunday with prep and in-prep followed by packing for a work trip and a family meal.

I did get out Monday morning then travelled late afternoon, longer run along canals Tuesday after work, realised my last one this year next trip it will be dark 🥲 and a short bimble Wednesday morning before travelling home. It was already a late flight but we were delayed almost an hour. Got to bed at 1.30am and managed a short run this morning and another to the post office at lunchtime.

Packed again and now waiting off to the boat for weekend, my cousin partner and son are coming down.

I’m exhausted but have to do a long run tomorrow if I have any hope of hitting the 100 this month. Hoping that things quieten down a bit with work now.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000