1000 miles in 2024

2 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
Jul 2023
9:05pm, 20 Jul 2023
20,738 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
And now to try to catch up on your running. Good to see you’re all still out and about - some great training sessions happening I really must get my plan planned out it’s only 6 weeks to my double marathon attempt at The Berkeley Marathons (I digress sorry)

FF how’s the knee? I see you got a good long one in so hope it’s doing ok

Hs stills showing us how it’s gone - brilliant as always.

Steve so happy to hear your knee is doing ok and that you’re targeting 50 - brilliant makes my heart smile.

MrsB hope the kittens are ok and that you’re ok too. Well done on the hash run sounds like fun.

Lesley belated happy 4th birthday to little legs glad he had a great day. Those photos were fabulous

Loo great training sessions hope you’re enjoying some social runs too.
Jul 2023
10:11am, 21 Jul 2023
12,018 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks everyone for your kind and encouraging words, it helps to keep me going.

GG, you really must sort out your training programme for your double marathon. 6 weeks doesn't give you much time.

An extra heavy Farmers Walk this morning. I had to use mind over matter to avoid having to put them down half way. Good tactics in races 😀
Jul 2023
12:41pm, 21 Jul 2023
4,205 posts
  •  
Mrsbridgewater
GG - I can’t remember where we were up to with the kittens…. We made the hard decision to sign them over to the CPL - I didn’t have the skills or the time to look after them as they deserved. We will be allowed to have one of them back if they survive. They are fighters - they would latch on to my fingers trying to get food - and last we heard they were all doing well.

Our house feels very empty though. Their mum was one of those chatty people loving cats.
Jul 2023
2:15pm, 21 Jul 2023
9,466 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
The knee is hit and miss geordiegirl. Your grit and stubbornness will get you through the 2 back to back marathons but training would help immensely.

Well done for your stubbornness sorry I mean mind over matter this morning hillstrider.

No run yesterday but I went out this morning and did 14.4 miles. I ended up along a stretch of the river bank and saw several fishing boats heading out to sea.
Jul 2023
2:18pm, 21 Jul 2023
9,467 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Whoops sorry Mrsb, I can understand with your busy teaching and personal schedule you didn't have time to look after the orphanned kittens but hope you manage to get one back.
Jul 2023
2:23pm, 21 Jul 2023
20,742 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Aw MrsB I expect that was a bae decision but the right one for the kittens I pray they make it through and you get one back. Must be so hard for you without your cat too they are a big part of your family.

My training I just need to put some focus in on some strength and probably intervals. It’s a complete it not compete it event. the run is 5 marathon distance laps with a 24hr cut off - so on verge of impossible much like The Barclays Marathon in states. My club friend managed 3 last year so 2 is hopefully doable but I’ll see how lap 1 goes. If it’s only 1 I’d be happy with that.

Not feeling great at the moment been out and done a half this morning my legs feel tired (it’s my head that’s really tired) but my mental strength was on top form which is all I need.
Jul 2023
11:45am, 22 Jul 2023
12,031 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done for your long run this morning FF.

Best of luck with your training GG, for the multi marathon laps.
Good to hear that your mental health is good, which is very important.

We had 194 runners at this mornings parkrun, which is much higher than usual. This was because the Southampton parkrun was cancelled, so we got some of their runners.

I was pleased with my 29.11 which is the quickest for several weeks, and third quickest this year.
Jul 2023
2:07pm, 22 Jul 2023
4,206 posts
  •  
Mrsbridgewater
Which is your parkrun hs? We have done Southampton and several others down that way as I love being g distracted from Alice Holt and its pesky hill!
Jul 2023
2:18pm, 22 Jul 2023
12,034 posts
  •  
hillstrider
It's Bartley Park parkrun MrsB which is in Totton. It's a very friendly run and fairly flat. It's two laps and there are a few twists and turns. It would be great if you could give it a try and say hello.
Jul 2023
5:09pm, 22 Jul 2023
20,745 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Great parkrunning hs

Sorry FF, hope the knee starts to improve and well done on the 14.4 yesterday.

I’ve not ran today it’s not stopped raining but I’ll be out regardless tomorrow in search of butterflies again… I enter a competition to win £100 for charity but the pics have to be taken after the topic is picked not before so Fridays is not in scope. Gives me an excuse to go back tomorrow…. this is the one from yesterday

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000