1000 miles in 2024

59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
Jun 2023
8:16pm, 25 Jun 2023
9,269 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Sorry to read your news Mrsb. I hope you manage with the kittens.

Probable the sensible thing to do LL.

Your solstice run sounds nice Lesley.

More miles ran GG with various company over the weekend all add up to distance and fun too by the sound of it.
Jun 2023
8:17pm, 25 Jun 2023
11,730 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Sorry to hear your bad news MrsB about your cat having to be put to sleep, soon after giving birth to kittens. My daughter has fairly recently had to have her cat and one of her dogs put to sleep.
Jun 2023
11:56am, 26 Jun 2023
11,735 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Slightly cooler today and I ran 7 miles in the forest with a running friend. Thankfully, I didn't seem to have any after effects from yesterday's 10k race.
Jun 2023
3:36pm, 27 Jun 2023
11,748 posts
  •  
hillstrider
A rest day today and it's much cooler. Did the usual Tuesday Farmers Walk.
Jun 2023
10:01am, 28 Jun 2023
6,140 posts
  •  
steve45
A big change in the weather, it's full cloud and fresher. You folks have endured a long warm spell and I've missed it all!

That was a fine 5 miler you did LL as was your 10k race hs. Good that you were able to do a 7 miler the other day too hs showing no adverse after effects from that 10k.
Good to read that your Mam was able to do a 5 miler with you gg and that your running s going well.
FF...what's there to say about those excellent miles you've been putting down for several months now but enjoy your rest period for the rest of the month then. Great running.
What a nice way to mark the solstice recently Lesley, good luck (well it won't be luck!) for your race coming up on Sunday.
Sorry to read about the sad news about one of your cats Mrsb; if you're feeding the kittens by hand you must be more than tired out every day. Hope that your running is going well despite having all your commitments.
Our two cats (and us) have had a tiresome ten days! A pair of Lesser Black Backed Gulls nesting on our chimney stack for the third year in a row have been megga aggressive (as they do with young chicks about) because two chicks fell into the garden. It's going to have to be anti-gull spikes onto the stack this autumn, another June mayhem is not on!
My knee seems almost better but missing the whole of June, my favourite running month has been disappointing. I'm hoping another few days and the pain/niggle will be totally gone. My wife has run well in the heat and I haven't been grumpy!
Jun 2023
10:46am, 28 Jun 2023
11,756 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Great hearing from you again Steve, and good that your knee is almost better now. Fingers crossed 🤞 that you will, indeed, soon be running again.

A bit cooler this morning and I did 6 hill reps by the duck pond with a running friend.
Jun 2023
11:07am, 28 Jun 2023
9,280 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Hi Steve nice to see you pop in. I'm doing roughly 30 mile weeks off 3 runs a week mostly. A lot less miles this week with being away from home.
Jun 2023
11:18am, 28 Jun 2023
11,759 posts
  •  
hillstrider
FF, that's a great weekly mileage off 3 days a week.
Jun 2023
11:19am, 29 Jun 2023
11,770 posts
  •  
hillstrider
A bit cooler this morning with fine rain. I ran a solo 5.53 miles in the forest at a quicker than intended pace.
Jun 2023
8:40am, 30 Jun 2023
6,141 posts
  •  
steve45
What a monthly total!! 10.2 for June! But patience seems to be paying off. Hope your race goes well on Sunday Lesley, it'll be a good beginning for July. Good to see your miles still going well hs and yes, very cool here first thing, just 12c. Hope you're day or two break is setting you up well for your another 30 mile week FF. Good running on just three runs a week like hs mentioned.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000