1000 miles in 2024

9 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
15 Jul
11:43am, 15 Jul 2024
15,470 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Sounds like you had a really nice day yesterday GG, and I hope that the football result didn't spoil it.

This morning was a very enjoyable hilly 6.91 miles forest run with the Monday Group. The forest is still drying out, but there were still some muddy areas where we had to walk.
15 Jul
12:45pm, 15 Jul 2024
11 posts
  •  
Donnie1
Well, its not coming home. Although have to say the best team won, so fair enough.

Jack: Thanks for the pics - always enjoy seeing these.

My updates are 5.0, park run and 8.3 on Sunday morning which I enjoyed. Main update - time for new shoes!

YTD: 500.8 (half way there - injury free and hoping for a strong finish).
15 Jul
1:33pm, 15 Jul 2024
7,023 posts
  •  
steve45
An overall nice day gg, other than England only being runners up. Import to note that being a runner up I'd not being a loser. Would have been nice to see them win the Euros but now we can start prepping for the Olympics.
New shoe hunting is always a nuisance Donnie1. !!.at least that's what I find when my favourite model has been so called "re vamped". I usually get two pairs of last seasons shoes. Not a fan of the overly stacked cushion shoes that abound lately and I don't need carbon plates etcšŸ¤£.
5.13 miles this morning!! Now that's an odd total for me but I was too knackered to round it up. It still annoys me though!
15 Jul
1:41pm, 15 Jul 2024
23,235 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I would back the 0.03 off the distance šŸ˜‚ well done and sorry you were tired.

Sounds like a nice run hs and well done Donnie. New shoe buying can be a nightmare I do stock shoes when I find a model I like as they keep interfering with what is perfectly fine.

I did 3m today and a loop to the butchers for a pie for lunch and some burgers for a BBQ probably tomorrow. Weā€™re now off along the river to St Neots, keeps raining but so far light showers. Fingers crossed.
15 Jul
2:03pm, 15 Jul 2024
15,471 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Donnie 1, good luck with your purchase of new trainers.

Well done Steve for this mornings 5.13 miles.

Thanks GG, it was a nice chatty run, but quite a tough one. It was a bit of a magical mystery tour, as we experimented a bit, running down some unfamiliar trails. We got back just as it started raining, so we were very lucky.

Well done for this mornings 3 miles and purchase of a pie and burgers šŸ” enjoy.

I hope that the rain eases off for your trip to St Neots.
duo
15 Jul
4:03pm, 15 Jul 2024
515 posts
  •  
duo
I'm plodding along as usual and I always love seeing some pics.

I'm quite lucky with shoes in that new updates never really affect me. I wore different iterations of Saucony Triumph then moved on to Hoka Cliftons. The only thing I dread is the Adidas Terrex Parley I wear I think has been discontinued (they have a knitted upper so they have a sock-like feel at the ankle). I have two unworn pairs waiting in the wings.
15 Jul
4:50pm, 15 Jul 2024
15 posts
  •  
MrM2
Life is quite busy these days but will just jot down my last two runs: 5 miles on Saturday with the local parkrun included. (Chipping Norton School, posn. 70 out of 101 in 32:03 which gave me over 65% Age Grade, and that was 16th posn.) Yesterday I ran 7 miles and although I thought it was quite a slow run (10:38/mile pace) it still gave me over 65% Age Grade.
Takes me to 0872 miles YTD.
Donnie... Well done on passing 500 miles!
16 Jul
8:38am, 16 Jul 2024
24 posts
  •  
JackFW
@geordiegirl, Melbourne, but the photos were taken 2 hrs away on the Bass Coast. If anyone on here has been to Victoria, near Phillip Island and on the way to Wilsonā€™s Promontory.

@Donnie1, well done on the 500 miles. Huge achievement given you didnā€™t run for a fair portion of the start of the year. You are almost at parity.

@duo, if I find a good pair of shoes, I stick with them for as long as possible! If it ainā€™t brokeā€¦

@hillstrider love hitting new trails. Loads of fun.

@steve45 congrats on the 5.13 miles.

A run to (10.5km) and from (2km) work today. Will be backing it up tomorrow, hopefully. The weather here has been appalling the last 48 hours. A lot of cloud cover, rain and wind.
16 Jul
11:06am, 16 Jul 2024
15,479 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done MrM2 for your AG's and 872 miles to date.

JackFW, I agree, trails are good fun but often very challenging.

Well done for this mornings 10.5k run on the way to work. The weather's been bad here too, with torrential rain yesterday afternoon. We were lucky with our morning forest run that we finished just as the rain started.

Duo, I've worn Asics 1000's for many years, but the current V11, has necessitated me having to go up a half size.

The usual Tuesday Farmers Walk this morning, and just before the rain started up again.
16 Jul
11:35am, 16 Jul 2024
17 posts
  •  
MrHSc
Jack well done on passing the 800 miles
Donnie similarly for the 500.
MrM2 65% Age grading is excellent well done

Another 15 miles over 3 runs.

YTD 774 miles.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000