•  
hillstrider
That's good GG 😅
13 Jul
9:56am, 13 Jul 2024
7,017 posts
  •  
steve45
Great double figure distances Mr HSc, gg and FF. That's a fine effort after a lay off during holidays but also shows that a rest can also give results.
The last time I did double figures was in May 2018. Around that time I decided that sevens and eights were far enough for my enjoyment but blimey, haven't been anywhere near even that for ages🤣!

4.4 miles in the sunshine this early morning keeps me on track but the effort is uncannily hard and I'm enjoying the walk parts of my outings more 🤣
13 Jul
12:13pm, 13 Jul 2024
15,460 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done Steve for this mornings 4.4 miles in the sunshine 🌞 Good that you are enjoying the walking elements of your outings more.

This morning was the Bartley Park parkrun which I ran in 29.29. Not my quickest on this hilly course, but I am quite pleased as I wasn't feeling 100%. I came 62nd out of 113, 1stAG 75-80, age grade position 10 out of 113, and 68.12 WAVA
14 Jul
9:32am, 14 Jul 2024
22 posts
  •  
JackFW
Congrats on the 4.4 miles in the early morning sunshine, Steve. Sorry to hear it was tough - hopefully you’re better for it.

HS, nice time at the parkrun. I also hit the hills this weekend.

We went away this weekend down the coast to the in-laws. A nice 7km hike along the undulating coastal path on Sat followed by a 14km hilly run through various country roads on Sun.

Some fish and chips and a bottle of wine by the fire made the weekend even better.

Happy Sunday running everyone.
14 Jul
9:42am, 14 Jul 2024
23 posts
  •  
JackFW
A couple of photos from this weekend’s activities. There was rain, wind and sunshine. A bit of everything.

The first one is from the Saturday walk.

And the second one is on top of a hill on the run.

14 Jul
10:10am, 14 Jul 2024
23,200 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Sorry to hear you’re still struggling Steve but well done on doing the 4.4 you’re still getting the miles in which is excellent.

Also well done hs on your sub 29.30 and esp if you’re not feeling great. Hope you’re back to normal soon

Looks so lovely Jack where in Oz are you?

Sunday day here in Cambridgeshire so I’ll be off for a run soon might see if I can do longer OH can always take Ellie out for a paddle. I’ll either bring shopping back or we can wander to town after lunch.

Have a good Sunday all
14 Jul
11:06am, 14 Jul 2024
15,463 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks JackFW; your weekend away sounds idealic. Your 7k hike and 14k hilly run, topped up with fish and chips and a bottle of wine! Nice pictures by the way 😃

Thanks GG; I'm glad that I decided to do yesterday's parkrun, as I felt so much better afterwards.

That sounds great going for a longer run in Cambridgeshire. Will you be running along the river Cam?

Another lovely sunny morning 🌞 and I ran a hilly solo 5k on roads. I was feeling fine, so had to stop myself from pushing the pace.

Come on England 🇬🇧 ⚽️
14 Jul
11:42am, 14 Jul 2024
7,020 posts
  •  
steve45
Can't complain at 29.29 hs! Well done again on your park run . Good solo run too this morning.
Bike and run JackFW both good distances and good endings with the grub and wine. Nice pics. I often think about taking pics but I never take my best phone out with me, only the "burner" emergency one.
Hope you had a good run gg . Yeah...come on England indeed, we'll be watching as we have done the whole event as well as the Diamond League from Monaco.

5k in glorious sunshine this morning and just one tablet left until my review on Tuesday!
14 Jul
1:57pm, 14 Jul 2024
15,467 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks Steve, and well done for this mornings 5k. I hope that Tuesdays review will be encouraging!
14 Jul
6:47pm, 14 Jul 2024
23,209 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Great running hs & Steve and best of luck for your appointment on Tuesday Steve.

Lovely day here in godmanchester so after a lazy morning eating chocolate with a cup of tea I went out for a pootle. One of my favourite places to run - Hinchingbrook Park - rather muddy in places but so still and pretty.

Back made lunch then a walk to town for provisions for tea. We are off to one of the pubs to hopefully see England win or at least play well and put up a good fight. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000